CHESTNUTXE

EB 1 KENOBI ? OR 2

31 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

hmmmm i would say so this car isnt tinkerd with except exhaust.

Yes, I think the EB series 1 Fairmonts, got that cluster

I would also go and get those Turbo Blades off old mate...

He may not be aware they don't fit B-series?

Offer him some B-series mag wheels as a trade?

down at the wreckers early and my list of 10 things to get with a p/s pump the most important he dont have one,plenty ef au and xf but not ea eb ed,dammm,so i go on the hunt for the 3.9efi badges so i start going thru panels and its a shit fight up there if you dont fall thru the floor a giant snake will probly get ya cause its like the bowls of the earth going thru stuff,any i scored 1 correct silver badge and 1 red badge which i might be able to paint ,also ed overflow bottle and airbox clips.5BlpoM7N_o.jpgGWBAD1hc_o.jpgm9HtRZVY_o.jpg

i dropped the pump at the re co place and he said she be ok by 4pm or so if not tomorrow,$170,fark,anyway i cant get the clutch fan off seriously i need this thing off because i cant get to the tensioner or is there a trick to undoing that tensior so far i have tried the hammer n chisel plus the correct spanner tool but it wount budge any other ideas ? please helpJKFrCoiY_o.jpgaAxb3u9Y_t.jpg

Have you tried heating it up then hitting it with a bit of freeze and release? Once you get it off do yourself a favour and toss it in the bin then grab some thermo fans and a Davies Craig relay kit for them. I've got one for mine and it works perfectly you just insert the probe in the radiator hose hook power up to the battery then plug it into the fans, usually come with a dial to adjust temperature range aswell

ok its all working and not leaking,also fitted one 3.9 badge looks more original now,and managed to get the red off this badge just thinking how to silver it,maybe go to a craft shop and buy a bit of crome tape or something ? CGfa7F6R_o.jpgCCsvbQC7_o.jpg

8 minutes ago, gerg said:

You can go to bunnings and get some AC ducting tape. It's basically chrome sticky tape. I did my headlight reflectors in it.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

What about that silver/gold foil stuff you get at the craft shop?

Sticks on, then you sort of brush away the excess?

You could do GOLD 3.9 badges! 😛

1 hour ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Were you not game, to rebuild the pump yourself?

They are quite simple to do.

don't you need the special puller that removes the pulley? be $100 alone.

1 hour ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

how to silver the thing

i did the Gemini badges by spraying paint in a cap, and painting it on with cotton bud. (silver for you, i did black, or red) 

CCsvbQC7_o.jpg

2 hours ago, gerg said:

The puller you can get cheap. Mine cost 17 bucks or something. It isn't the greatest quality but it did the job.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Wow thats a good price!

I bought a GG Technic's one years ago, for about $400...

(it does water pump pulleys too though)