CHESTNUTXE

EB 1 KENOBI ? OR 2

You mean this one ? I found the leak its in the bottom of the pump can i swap this xf one over it dont look any different except return line placement 
I think they're different threads but not sure, you'll want to take the alternator off and clean it up if it's been leaking power steering fluid on it
You can swap the ham can over to the other pump if the pulleys are different between the two (so you don't have to pull the pulleys off).

If you need to use the XF pump for whatever reason, the flow restrictors (outlet fittings) are different; one has a fixed orifice and the other has a spring-loaded needle valve, but the threads should still be the same for each. Watch for any differences in the amount of casing bolts for each. The pump housings inside should be the same, the casings are what you have to watch.

The pressure valve behind the outlet orifice should also stay with the pump. The rack type steering needs less pressure so the valve will have more shims than the steering box one.

All the pump casing threads should be the same (M10 x 1.5) as GM went to metric in the late 70s I believe. Yes they are a GM Saginaw pump.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

yes its leaked everywhere ,i dont think i can get the stud off the eb one even tho it has a sort of nut on it inbetween 18mm and 17mm,otherwise its possible maybe,i think i will bite the bullet and just get another eb one,i also re bled the brakes and heaps of crap came out of them.D6IiqrZq_o.jpgUUvgLmQB_o.jpgQkNwwQUM_o.jpg

That EB one looks pretty bashed around. No wonder it's leaking. Each one of those bolts/studs clamps an o-ring between the case and the pump body. If there's any distortion in the casing, they don't seal. Also the big o-ring that goes around the whole pump can leak if the casing has been warped by levering the fucker with a crowbar.

i just had a look on e bay for a new pump and im shocked at how much they are $$$$$$$ i thought these were worth fk all
Maybe in America, but to get an idea of what we pay, look at theirs and triple it

hey i couldnt get the clutch fan off tryed my correct big spanner i bought for my xg,but couldnt crack it off,i know they are reverse  thread but i couldnt budge it,any other ideas,i need the fan off to get to the idler pulley to loosen it.

The EEC4 badge doesn't normally go on the rear garnish like that.

It's an XF badge I think.

I'd recommend just getting a seal kit for the pump.

They're about $15, and take about an hr to fit - very easy.

The dents in the pump reservoir won't affect anything, IMO.

42806459_1382706851862751_153295349958574080_o.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just now, CHESTNUTXE said:

nice pictures ,i notice the series 2 fairmont has the s pack cluster and different trim

I added a couple more pics to my first post up above.

That's an XF EFI badge on your rear garnish.

Is the instrument cluster in yours, definitely correct?