CHESTNUTXE

EB 1 KENOBI ? OR 2

3 hours ago, deankdx said:

with carpet, the best result i got was to remove it.. and take it to the car wash and blast it with the high pressure soap.. could use napisan or similar on filthy stains prior.

the other method i use is clothes washing detergent in a bucket of warm water and scrubbing brush, lifts the pile a bit also .. not sure how good/bad it is for the carpet, but better than just chucking it out. or paying for steam cleaning.

gemini wagon carpet got the car wash though while it was out, it's still nice(smelled mouldy originally)

After about 10 full scrubs n degreaser its comin up gem

Boot came up ok0668bd348292c91d4c3057bc6512b335.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Went down the wreckers and scavenged a nice dash mat also the other headlight cover and my consul lid came but unsure on the colour match?a76fab6fed359acae184865768df8e6d.jpg05c64c24d2d8d19178da79146bcd46ee.jpge716c5223e0e21fcecce12808cd3ab5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

hey will EL front struts bolt straight in to EB ,i was gunna pinch them out of my EL GHIA  if i scrap it.

Not unless you change the steering rack ends too. (EA-ED are different length)

EL's have a different akerman's angle I believe, for better turn-in.

Ackerman angle = toe-out on turns

When on lock, the front wheels each scribe a circle, the inside one smaller than the outside. This alone isn't a problem but due to the fact that the inside wheel ends up further ahead in its circle compared to the outside one, it needs a sharper angle to maintain correct geometry.

I'll shut up and show you a picture.39aa6b7b60d0df99b2bfaff560817127.jpg

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

but the shockies should be the same yeah ? eb to el
I know the spring rate could be a bit cushy on the EL. They went softer from the EF because they fixed the geometry issue in the watts linkage, allowing more compliance and body roll without the rear roll-steer, all for a softer ride.

But it should be a bolt-in. Biggest drama from memory is getting the bolt through the bottom of the strut through the lower arm. The spring causes the strut to twist slightly and puts the bracket out of whack. It only has to be a bee's dick out and the bolt won't go through.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk