CHESTNUTXE

EB 1 KENOBI ? OR 2

JUST drove home this eb ,still cant work out if its a eb 1 or series 2 ,also is it a ghia or just a fairmont ? anyway lets start to dig ,plate says 9/91 so thats borderline i think with series 2 maybe,im gunna stick my head under the diff soon and see if it has the flat flange,seats seem to be in vgc just need a clean,door trims too,p/s is leaking,brakes are fkd pedal gos to the floor unless pumped,a/c dont work,radiator overflow bottle is leaking but has a  wicked set of extractors on it and 2/12 inch system,factory mags are gone,not sure at this stage what to do with it,i got it very cheap,been on the guys nerve for months and finaly he tapped out.hGAhSzmu_o.jpg

ok the only reason i thought it might be a ghia interior is a freind has a lazer ghia that vintage and it has the same trim,so that is typical fairmont trim ,yes ? it also has the phase 1 1/2 eb diff with flange yolk and skinny xe style trailing arm bushes but i was surprized when i saw 3.23 KBK3E1IL_o.jpgDmF3HxpW_o.jpg

The Ghias have similar trim in series 1 but they have recaros. Plus wood grain on door trims.
The other series 1 give away is the 3.9, digi dash, Matt door handles and the massive wiper cowl thingo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

end of the day i gave it a good scrub plus it only needs 1 little bit of paint on the lower rear qtr,engine bay came up ok for 1st clean.yup its a 3.9,also i think the diff is a single legger as i tryed i little line loc on the grass.it should have the 28 spline axels😜NZ3UgO0C_o.jpgIGk5FZbo_o.jpglmvDZo3u_o.jpg

4 hours ago, gerg said:

Didn't series 2 get the 4.0?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

yes ,the only difference is about 50cc in displacement,just a simple re bore would bring it up too 4.0L ,also the eb 1 used the ea11 4 speed tranny,and eb2 used a up dated model,didnt the base model just come with 14'' rims ? 

Dunno about the wheels, but the 4.0 got 9 more killerwasps (139 Vs 148) so there's more than just a tickle in the bore size. Possibly ECU tweaks? Bit more compression?

yeah i cant belive on e bay they are giving away 3.9 piston sets for a measly $119 and better sets for $149
Probly can't move them cause there are so few 3.9s getting around. Would probably have to blow the dust off them before boxing them up and shipping.

next step is clean the h/d bird shit off the factory paint,i use bug and tar remover ,then just wipe off,i also vaccum the car this morn and now just needs a slight seat clean i will get rose onto that.SwUwsvbH_o.jpg

also i did some looking last night and the EB1 is quite rare now as only about 37,000 were made and first hit the scene on 8/91 and this one is a 9/91,the rest were series 2  1992/93 4.0L CARS  with 84,000 built