As the name suggests I have recently purchased a v8  Splash Ute With 200ks on the clock. Ute is in remarkable condition for it's age, and also has a full log book service history up too date.( full Ford dealership servicing)bought it off the Original owner 65 yr lady,who only drives it twice a month. to market and back.

The plan with Ute is too keep it totally original and over the next few years to rebuild it and bring it up to show room condition.

Apologies for no pics as it's currently in transit from Country Adelaide to Melb.

I have been looking for a rare Ute in good cond for a few years now and like everyone  here I like fix and tinker with things, so I guess I'm in the right place.

Cheers

Splash

I was just curious what Scan tool (DTC/error code) you all use or recommend, I have the icarsoft one for my Merc Benz,

but the guy wants $269 for the XH one which I feel is a lil steep. what do you guys recommend.

Welcome to the club Splash!

Definitely not many XH Splash utes around anymore... let alone a V8 one! :o

Yes, please put up some pics of the ute, as soon as you can, it sounds like an awesome find.

The best scan tool for the E-series and XG/XH, is that one which Murray makes.

Just a simple LED display number readout

Probably the same one you've looked into buying.

I've had one for years, and have used it more times than I can count. :)

2 hours ago, Searley said:

Hello Mr.Splashv8 But What Is A Splash Ford Ute? I've Never Heard Of It! Anyway You've Come To A Good Site With Better Help Than Any Ford Dealer! All The Best,Searley.

Hi Searly,

The Splash ute is a limited edition XH basically, 300 were produced and the V8 (same as the Xr8) was a factory option, these came with Cruise control + Air con as well as some other small features.

Thanks Sparky,

your right about that, they are getting very hard to find in good condition,  In fact I had to get mine sent over South Australia 

it cost me $230 from Adel-Melb which I couldn't even drive one way for that. It should be ready for pic up late next week. and I will

take enough photos for ya to bore the shit outta ya ahaha.

Im not familiar with Murrays one, I was looking at the icarsoft device. do you have a link to Murrays one?

On 2/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, SPArKy_Dave said:

Welcome to the club Splash!

Definitely not many XH Splash utes around anymore... let alone a V8 one! :o

Yes, please put up some pics of the ute, as soon as you can, it sounds like an awesome find.

Heres a quick one she took before it got loaded onto the transport. not sure exactly when it arrives in Melb

but as you can see its in pretty good nick and a good buy for $4500, considering its a one owner car with full log book service history.

IMG_3692.jpg