Lachlan

HELP- Upper Control Arms

Hi guys,

Looking for new upper control arms for an Xd. Mine are all bent, and when pressing the bushes found the casting to be poor. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or even possibly link me up with some new Xd upper control arms? 

Would these fit? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mustang-Suspension-Rebuild-Kit-1971-1972-1973-71-72-73-Control-Arms-Mach-1-351-/271737391350 (the upper control arms)

Also need lower control arms but they have been much easier to find.

Cheers,

Lachlan 

Those arms look the same as on the earlier mustangs and falcons with the steel worm style bushes.

You need the rubber bushes right?

I seen arms for your car a few weeks back for $80 on ebay the seller had a number of them second hand.

Just replaced the bushes in XB lower control arms those are flimsy also need to brace the arms and

be careful its totally doable.

Have a look at my thread (gergwagon), somewhere in there I did a set of uppers with Nolathanes. Some special tools need to be fabbed to stop the whole thing from squishing out of shape.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the help guys. However I don't have the tools or ability necessary and no mechanic seems to want to do 'em as soon you mention bracing etc. Any other ideas or anyone happy to do them around Newcastle region? Happy to even pay someone and have them shipped if someone's willing. 

TIA

By special tools, I mean a piece of angle iron with some "ears" welded at each end, and a piece of square tube ground out to suit. So nothing more than a welder and an angle grinder needed.

Jeez mechanics are dicks. People come in with fistfuls of cash and they turn them away? No wonder the industry is fucked from de-skilling and taking only the cream jobs. They're fucking it for themselves in the end.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the help guys. However I don't have the tools or ability necessary and no mechanic seems to want to do 'em as soon you mention bracing etc. Any other ideas or anyone happy to do them around Newcastle region? Happy to even pay someone and have them shipped if someone's willing. 
TIA
There's a performance shop in Cardiff called Backtrack Performance. They've dealt with a lot of drag racing and drifting with Imports etc. They do fab work I believe maybe try them?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk