xhadyboy

Bendigo cars auction 24th Feb

someone had too many projects..

lots of stuff i'd like to play with if i had the space and money.. haven't got time for more than a few at best though..

The clearing sales are a rapid fire format.Hordes of blokes moving along a paddock bidding on bits.

You have to get there early for a squizz cause once it starts it's all go.The auctioneer will put a opening bid up and go down until a punter bids then, its goes on the market.

They used to be a bit of a quieter (cheaper) affair a while ago,but with facebook and all the forums the veil has been pulled back ,bit like a foreskin, all the good bits are on show.

We went to one in Kilmore last month ,a pair of filthy rear blue  headrests went for $220.00 ,a pair a xe ghia headlight $325.00

We brought 3 x sets of oem XE taillights, 2 x pairs of xf ones and  1 pair of Zk for $30.So just never can tell which way the prices go.

Normally the closer to Melbourne they are , the higher the prices.

4 hours ago, xhadyboy said:

...bit like a foreskin, all the good bits are on show.

:huh:

...pair of filthy rear blue  headrests went for $220.00 ,a pair a xe ghia headlight $325.00

Wow, someone really wanted those headrests!!

We brought 3 x sets of oem XE taillights, 2 x pairs of xf ones and  1 pair of Zk for $30.So just never can tell which way the prices go.

That was an absolute steal for those.

I contacted Brock asking about Sierra Tan interior bits.There is only a complete trim set in a "Ghia".

Whats the difference between a "Ghia " and a "E.S.P " trim ?

Obviously the Scheel seats .Im interested in this interior ,but i dont want to  have to  price compete with E.S.P  mock up crew.

15 minutes ago, xhadyboy said:

I contacted Brock asking about Sierra Tan interior bits.There is only a complete trim set in a "Ghia".

Obviously the Scheel seats .Im interested in this interior ,but i dont want to  have to  price compete with E.S.P  mock up crew.

ask @CHESTNUTXE but i would say if it's full with carpet it will go for decent for ESP people.. 

i had a ghia with that trim, i can't even remember what happened to it(possibily sold it for $50 for side material for ESP)
(i wrecked the car to fix My current grey trim ghia at the time and the leftover bits went into my XE ute.. which also had grey ghia trim. 

7 hours ago, xhadyboy said:

Did Brook say why he's selling off all his parts?

Your right Dave the boxes will be a lucky dip but thats often the way these things roll. If theres no bids on 1 box they will chuck it in with the next box to make 1 lot.

From the few ive been to i  reckon its the swap meet crew that bid on the unsorted boxes and they arent  that fussy  with whats in the box :for them its swings and roundabouts.

And given the marketing hes been doing on facebook and its proximity to Melbourne the desired stuff will attract the big coin.

The terms stae remove on the day but the last one i went to where there was lots of cars up for auction surprisingly there wasnt a lot of car trailers in the car park.