baldrik

baldrik

10 posts in this topic

my 1998 elxr8 diff cover/hat has a stripped filler bung thanks to over tightening by our local mechanic. what do i do now? i cannot seem to buy a new cover for love or money. ive removed cover and are thinking i should go to next size up by drilling and tapping but i live in a little one horse shit hole in country west oz with minimal tools at hand? anyone got a spare hat. or ideas please. cheers and happy 2019 all. baldrik

yeah just about everyone of them. but there is one wrecker in brisbane that advertises on gumtree with a xr something on his site but wont return my calls.

was it an upgrade to fit AU? diff hat for a lower or higher pivot point on the watts link(for lowered cars) 

should be plenty around either way, the XFs just used a rubber plug.. didn't need to be a bolted in filler plug

dear oh dear Deankdx im an old bloke and don't know the difference but suffice to say the car is bog stock . ive tried to download a foto for you but none of my foto's are below 0.49mb whatever that means.

if you take photos with your phone and can access this site with the tapatalk app, you can upload photos  directly using tapatalk(i haven't done it, but everyone seems to figure it out easy) (i'm still oldschool using an image hosting site like photobucket, imgur is a bit more complicated, but basically you upload a photo to imgur.com and copy the link and paste it into the text and it will show

See if your local Auto parts store has the next size plug, buy a tap from the hardware shop and Robert's ya Fathers brother.! 

Check the thread size, prob NPT or BSPF, doesnt matter, as long as it matches the new plug. You can fit a head bolt, a sump plug, a screw in welsh plug, as long as the tap you buy matches the thread size (and pitch)  Doesn't have to be a Ford diff plug if you're really stuck.  

Another idea would be to Loctite the old one in, with red Loctite, never leak, be you probably wont ever get it out, either.!   Do the job until you can source another hat.

:)