CHESTNUTXE

XF AND GHIA STEERING WHEEL DIFFERANCE

Hey what is the diff between std xf and xf ghia steering wheel adaptors,im gunna buy myself a crizzy present and cant really find a new wheel i like,so i was thinking of just putting a ghia wheel on my xf ute,will it fit ? as mine is a 92 model it has adj steering colom,if that makes any difference ,/???? help

the ghia wheel doesn't use that spacer.. 

it's got Me stuffed why the boss kits didn't just say, FOR GHIA(no spacer) and falcon use this kit so you don't have shit spacer thing.

the ghia wheel is direct fit. (ZL fairlane same) 

the tilt column was on fairlane and ghia also. 

JqZYqWt.jpg

36 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

so dean if i found a ghia wheel with its factory spacer it will fit my ute ?

hmm. my memory must be faded.. i thought they didn't have a spacer(maybe i'm thinking earlier ghia)

yeah I'm certain if it was on an XF ghia or ZL or FE ltd, it wil fit an XF anything, even with non tilt.(they had same wheel with or without tilt as GL etc)

26 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

xe ghia needs its own spacer,

i'm sure i've seen a boss kit with no spacer used... it's probably on BGDAV? i've had one also. on XF and XE. 

i'm sure i've seen a boss kit with no spacer used... it's probably on BGDAV? i've had one also. on XF and XE. 
Bloke selling it says the same thing but my wheel is black and its grey but will still look ok

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

fuk it i just bought a new suus el cheapo for 70 bucks hard to beat for price,now just order the boss kit,i can tell you autobarn up here have gone backwards the 2 shops i went too had hardly any stock compard to 10 years ago when they had weld wheels,clevo gear in stock,heaps of v8 stuff,now its just gone like k mart with basics only,they even tried to sell me a wheel that the box had been tamperd with and the centre cap missing and stuff and i said nooooo no,i dont want that ,find me another 1 please,so everthing was 20 percent off so i bought just the usual sports type model.W5jPvPPs_o.jpg8WiB8SWG_o.jpg

4 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Bloke selling it says the same thing but my wheel is black and its grey but will still look ok

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

there's this invention, been around for a little while, 
called paint, it can change the colour of almost anything to black.. 

4 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

i knew what was probly gunna happen when the ghia wheel arrived it would have the ware mark all over the right hand side ,at least this is new

they also make a thing called vinyl paint, it works surprisingly well.. i believe the factory wheels are painted in something also