Boingk

Boingk's 1/4 Mile Crossflow Build

No good. Zoran should be able to flow it for you and then you know where it's at and can make a plan from there 
Yes a plan there was no plan b4 just buy everything chunky and hope it delivers

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ando76 said:

It doesn't have to be expensive.  You just have to have a good plan and formula and stick to it.  Doing things 3 or 4 times over does make it expensive. 

Luke's Cortina runs 7.1 over the 1/8 (after a tune) & 11.3 over the 1/4 (untuned) with 3.45gears. Flat tappet, single four barrel with a dizzy. The 11.3 is showing 260 Moroso hp.  Exactly what is needed to run that mid 12 in the xf when everything else is right. Luke's head was done before we developed the latest ports so it would be just over the 210cfm mark. 

Thanks mate, confirms what I was thinking all along. I'll be running 3.50's in the rear with M/T ET Streets so should go okay there with everything else similar. I've read up big time on the cylinder head so should be good for a home port job now I know where the gains and danger spots are.

23 hours ago, deankdx said:

i'd love it if you'd do a running total for people who want to do similar,

slydog's build had more than a few twists and turns, but he's done an awful lot on it himself(i'd dare say all of it...) 

More than happy to mate. One of the reasons I like keeping score is so I know what I need to sell the car for if/when that time comes, as well as what to resell a part for. Hmmm, did that intake cost me $50, or was it $250? Mightn't make an earth-shattering difference at the time but it all ads up.

10 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Yes a plan there was no plan b4 just buy everything chunky and hope it delivers

Seen mates do that, never understood it. Best money for me is always spent on ignition, intake and valvetrain. Exhaust comes a very close fourth. The air pump analogy is always a good one here. I'm hoping with a goal in mind the plan isn't too hard to nut out right the first time, but we'll see where I am inn a few months I suppose.

Anywho, onto the build thread - I picked up a ute the other day. I'll make a dedicated build thread in short order.

Don't be overly worried about how driveable with that size of cam(235-241), i was & found was worried about nothing.

my XF utes untuned QFT 600V/S with Camtech 237@0.050" 550" 108LSA hyd cam, stock auto 2.92 diff, and still drives around as nice as when it had the old engine in it,

11 hours ago, FORD_MAN said:

Don't be overly worried about how driveable with that size of cam(235-241)

Thanks mate, that's reassuring and timely as I was actually looking at something similar to use as a daily with the motor currently in the ute. I'll have a read of your thread for reference.

I guess the things going in my favour are that the ute is currently (and will remain) manual, and I'm investing time to set it up properly re valvetrain, diff ratio, etc. Realistically I suppose I can probably run a lot more cam than I am looking at.

Rule number 1 with the bullet for this is to keep it reliable and practical as a daily driver. I live in the middle of nowhere and can't afford a breakdown due to something I can't remedy on the roadside with basic tools. I tend to have a 'breakdown bucket' at all times, literally a plastic bucket with spanners, screwdrivers, shifters and vice grips, wire, zipties and duct tape, a spare fuel pump and spark plugs, plus fuel filter, JB weld and extra oil. If I can't fix what happened with that then I guess its put the broken bit in the bucket and hitch a ride time.

Cheers all, and Merry Christmas!