fatso

ford xf control from feet to face air

i have had  my air con regas   but my control from windscreen to face vent  the controi will not change  so it windscreen  all the time how to fix it

Edited by fatso
http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/7894-ford-xf-control-from-feet-to-face-air/&do=edit#

the screen setting will be at the screen if there's no vacuum to the system.
fixed it 3 or  4 times without pulling the dial area apart

first place to look is in the engine bay, the black hose connected to the vacuum tree on manifold. 
second place to look the vacuum connector behind the glove box(remove glove box for access) see if in particular black hose has pulled out of the plug(superglue it in... not gluing up the hole naturally)
theres a hose off potentially at the vacuum motor near the handbrake and firewall area possible(had this once)

i have seen now these cars are 30yrs old, that the vent switch can be cracked, seen it on XH or XG so XFs definitely can happen also (same setup)  if so, keep digging in there but its going to be a challenge probably.. look elsewhere first

if you find out what fixed it, please reply with what it was, as it will help others with Dash Vents Screen only etc