Grimmy

Globe style wheels

Who knows what about globe style wheels ? 

I have 3sets and all are different to each other ( 14x7 so not particularly valuable lol )

I'll get some pics up directly , 

the set that have my interest have flat lips on them and a raised centre bit from the spokes  

1st is on the car so can't get a pic from behind

But note a very square lip where the weights go

d211d27ce92c6b7a1ef2add4762de053.jpg

2nd set has no markings what so ever and a fairly smooth lip

cc51aa24c7c67890c68796236651b2be.jpg

e402c35f1d9eb152ddd9f4b97c21d52d.jpg

And the 3rd set with the flat lip and raised area , they have some size castings and other things I can't make out on the back and a 79date stamp ?

ccce254c8a6fc6bbd36e54813c48865a.jpg827f2cf344c6a1e6a581eab8339557ce.jpgaac663bcc4b5c316349ff67efa5b07e6.jpg

Thinking the last set could be genuine globes ?

My globes for the gemini are Cheviot, have it cast into them 
pretty sure the CSA 15" ones i had were also marked (15x7)

i didn't even know there was a GLOBE brand, i thought they were for eg CSA GLOBE? 

i had 3 of those flat lip ones about 25yrs ago that came on an XR wagon i bought.. couldn't find a single in the same size even a year later so sold them as a trailer set. (were 14x6) 

interested in them, i think they look good with fat tyres bulging on older cars(upto XF)

The 'Bathurst Globes' have a bit of a history, said to originally copied from a Ferrari Daytona, back in 1970?  

Daytona ferrari

The flat lip ones are assumed to be the genuine article, and the dimpled edge ones are aftermarket. 

I'm no expert, but believe the XA was the first model to be offered with the Globes, and were also fitted to ESP's and XC Cobra's in 15 x 7 (I think)

Didn't the xy gt have globes ? 

Thinking i will clean up the flat lip set , put some tyres on and use those . Then get rid of the other 2 sets lol I really really want to burn the eagers into the ground (245/60 with near new tread but old and hard) unless they're worth something these days ? 

928b4a529d189c959bc42d023520f124.jpg

always people thought that the xy had globes answer is no,its only because moffat stuck with the xy instead of the new xa sedan ,because the coupe was not ready yet ,he put the globes on the xy for racing in 72 ,also the rare early globes have small centres,later globes cobra and esp were similar,but in my opinion none of those wheels in the pictures are genuine globes.

35 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

I really really want to burn the eagers into the ground (245/60 with near new tread but old and hard) unless they're worth something these days ? 

the 225 eagers i sold that were on My bathurst globes in similar condition had one buyer(they were 13" and he wanted them for torana sprint masters mainly for display...dude never drove anything..  had several LJ toranas) sold for $60 but he would have paid the $90 i listed them at first but didn't get around to it in time.. 

@SPArKy_Dave also sold an old set he found (not sure if same brand)

i'm sure a crusty set of tyres would be great fun to burn out, value similar, but they'd be more likely to explode and possibly damage the car?