Server maintenance Read more... ×
Rodders

Help - seat removal and seat belt

Hi Guys,

Any advice on how to remove my 86 XF passengers seat belt buckle extension?

The drivers seat had bolts that went through the floor, and nuts on the bottom, all removed okay, then seat belt buckle extension remove to free it from seat.

My problem is the passengers side. The seat itself, is all loose. The seat belt buckle extension goes through a metal loop, which is giving me the frustration. I tried to undo the seat belt buckle extension bolt from inside the car, (under car has a nut that is fixed to chassis). The bolt head was tight, and after turning 1 full turn, it now seems like it’s not wanting to turn.

If you can’t undo the bolt in blue, then how do you get the seat out?

Also what is all the other electrical gear shown in photo? It is a previous amp and stereo? Do I cut it out or leave it it?

Thanks for you help.

c90f028c46e4a499c9d8c36a3944d40c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cant say i have ever seen any of the electrical gear in pic(has it got electric brake controller?)

as for the seat removal, why are you removing it? to replace? if so, i'd cut the loop thing on the seat if it's going in the bin..

otherwise, get under the car, wire brush the crud off the seat belt bolt, spray with CRC etc.

I'd get a knife and cut the carpet around the seat belt bolt and spray the shit out of that also. then i'd rock the bolt back and forth, if it tightens back up one turn, it should be wire brushed from under again, and spray it again.

that's all i've got.. unless you have a blow torch and can heat up the captive nut a bit under the car, (remembering carpet will burn in the cab if you arent careful)

Yep, as Dean said.....

Do it back up, clean and spray with WD / RP7 / Inox   undo a turn, spray, do it back up, undo 1.5 turns, do it back up, undo 2 turns, and repeat, etc, etc. It will  probably be something like a rock or speedbump has peened over the end of the threads. 

i didn't think they protruded that far through the nut, i'd probably have cut it off flush and got a new bolt(because i don't have a die that size, pretty sure it's same as wheel nut thread though.. so maybe i'd have cut some slots in  a nut and wound that on and off a few times.. )

did well, stuff like that can really be painful, and most people would have got the 4ugga duggas and stripped the thread in the nut or snapped the bolt off.