Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
dizzy616

my car spat another pushrod today

i have gone though yet another pushrod today. just wondering whats going on. its pretty seriously bent.

i even had a bit of trouble getting it through the hole.

ohwell im going to replace the engine sometime soon. i was just going to get my ute on the road. before i do.

then maybe have a go at rebuilding the old engine while its out. or clean it up what ever it needs to be a healthy crossy again

im going to take a picture of the rod soon. and put it up. had my mate and i going whoa thats meant to be straight.

Check the valve guides. I had that same thing, started as. A cold miss occasionally then one day bent bad. Issue was a few valves sticky and tight in the guides. Was told was c'mon with Castrol oil. When valves were out the guides were all gooey.

its funny it done it to 2 up the back replaced them their still allright. they wheren't as bad as what happened to this one. 1 up near the front and it was rooted

check this

IMG_4230_zpse83bc1d6.jpg

ohwell ill chew up some pushrods untill the utes on the road. and then ill do the engine swap over with the xe should give me a while to stuff around and redo cam. and put better rods. and new lifters and roller rockers. and of course the double row timing chain. and new water pump. make it healthy again is the goal

one in the xe the internals look mega clean. sounds healthy. though i cant find in the history of work if its had any engine rebuild or swap.

i haven't thrashed it as hard as my old ute. but i did give it a thrashing the other night.. lol. but i never go to 1st at 100ks. though i do like to drop it into second to help stopping a bit quicker in the wet.

My panel van only revs to 3000rpm, because thats where it peaks :P

I didn't know they rev'd over that?

Does yours chirp the first to second change, like my XH does if you floor it, then back off a bit?

i was driving my old 351 xb coupe to town a few yrs back when it gave a little back fire ,it bent 3 push rods and i was only going easy as well it turned out to be 3 rooted valve springs so cam and springs replaced

hmm. one of my old mechanics revved the beast up to near 5,000 one time i was like what are you doing. haven't let him touch it since. it fealt like my baby was screaming help me

eh i dont do alot of skids. apart from when i get angry and need to let off steam. i just get in the car in bad moods and fang it around.
 find a nice quite spot and try to chuck a couple skids

thing is alot more responsive than other xfs. ive had i dont need to go around and around in circles getting enough momentum for the ass to start spinning out 

I ain't talking about skids....... lol. ;)

Mines a stock bench seat column auto work hack, with 280,000km on it.

Same, except its 190,000kms on it! They're a wicked daily IMHO!

you lucky bastards in your xh's. i been wanting one to get a little bit of knowledge built up on fuel injection. but im to povo and have to wait a few years for them to get down under a grand

My panel van only revs to 3000rpm, because thats where it peaks :P

I didn't know they rev'd over that?

I used to spin my xh to 7000