Jeffb5.8

Phishing Scam email password

5 posts in this topic

Anyone else recently get a phishing scam email that had a old password used to access Xfalcon?

I had one and the only time I can remember using the password identified in the Subject line was for Xfalcon? I may have used it elsewhere but cannot think that far back.

It was a very old password and I haven’t used it in ages like 5+yrs but I thought I would ask the question in case there was multiple people as I know Xfalcon site was down a few weeks back.

Should I now change all my password to another new password even if it’s not close to the one the hacker sent me.

Yeah risk would be minimal if that's all that password was associated with. I'd just do as Bear suggested. Maybe do a search in your whole email inbox for that password to see if you've used it anywhere else. Sometimes you get confirmation emails with name/password in them for forums and that would help identify any other links.

Jeffb5.8 likes this

Did a email search and I found I used it back in 2006 on a Virtual Sports dream team, which had a email say you login and password are below.

So maybe that’s where it came from.

2redrovers likes this