Lachlan

How to Check Stolen XD

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

New too the forum.

Looking to buy a 351 Xd, the buy seems good and all the only little situation I’m having is doing a REVs check. Since the xd has the 16 digit vin I can’t search the ppsr to see if it’s stolen. Not sure if this is a silly question. How do I find out if it’s stolen? 

Cheers 

i thought the ppsr still worked off the CHASSIS NUMBER.  the VIN is too new for most xseries fords here

should call the cops if it's not possible to check though. something needs fixing if it's only useful for new cars

Fingers likes this

Ive seemed to have tried everything. Always comes back with no finance owing, and just comes back as unavailable for everything else. Even tried a few different sites. Pretty certain hasn't been registered for a fair number of years. However, was taken from NSW to QLD on a NSW permit back in 2009. Bit of a mystery really. Might have to go see police I think. 

Thanks fellas

On a little side note, a 351 into an 81 Xd Panelvan is fully legal in NSW without engineering isn't it? 

let us know how you go, this comes up often enough in other clubs i'm in also.. never seen a follow up

No, me neither.

Would be good if some kind of register is set up, somewhere...........

I guess if the PPSR is clear, then it can be registered in your name, with a numbers check inspection at your local Rego dept.?  Maybe a trip to your local copshop, and ask nicely. B)

14 hours ago, bear351c said:

No, me neither.

Would be good if some kind of register is set up, somewhere...........

I guess if the PPSR is clear, then it can be registered in your name, with a numbers check inspection at your local Rego dept.?  Maybe a trip to your local copshop, and ask nicely. B)

it would have to be checkable, otherwise you could steal the $2,000,000 GT.. let it go unregistered and then sell it clear title.. that's not likely to be possible.. but i'd like to think it applies to all states also.. 

everytime i have bought an engine i just rocked up to the cop shop and give them the full number as its the same as the engine number and they will say stright away if there is any interest in that number,usualy no,some things are funny thou i bought a rare pillow block out of a 82 fairlane and they said that engine number doesnt exist but was stamped from factory correct so somewhere along the line there is numbers lost or they just dont give a fk .

I had the same problem with my XF, chassis number not recognised,
I couldn’t get any data from ppsr, even after paying
Called vicroads who said their search was a national search, but nothing came up there. I explained I wanted to buy a vehicle, spend money, and be confident it wasn’t stolen.
They asked for an engine number, which again, didn’t come up anywhere.
They asked previous rego, but I don’t have those details.

So, now if I show up, and with a rwc, I can register as if it’s never been registered before.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deankdx likes this