Sign in to follow this  
Banno

Wiper linkage

Does anyone have any tips or warning hazards on replacing these. Bought repo set and going to replace in the next couple of days. I heard they are real bugger to replace with a possibility of breaking the plastic ends,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay finished doing this job. As daunting as I thought it would be, it was actually not bad.
So to make the job easier after looking how Panko did his, I followed the same method by rolling plastic sockets over ball joint but before doing this I pre heated the plastic socket along with hair dryer.
Move dryer up and down and around to even heat along arm. Heat till metal is hot but not uncomfortable to hold in palm. Then proceed to roll socket over joint with side way motion (greased of course). Do each at one of the time .Popped in quite easy without to much trouble just don’t over grease.
Kinda same theory as putting a seal in a alloy cover. Heat the cover to expand and the seal is cold which is contracted small and in it goes.
Though credit should go to deankdx as was his quote on using boiling water gave me the thought on doing it but instead swapped with dryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk