Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LJDB

Single rail/t5 throw out bearing

Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a difference a single rail throw out bearing and a t5. Early single rail clutch kits come with a seperate bearing and the t5 style has a bearing and retainer clip all in one.

Problem im having is minimal freeplay at the fork. I have backed the cable right off but if i push on the fork away from the clutch is hardly moves as if the throw out bearing is to wide. Google hasnt come up with much. The car drives fine but im getting slip if i give it a hard time. Its an extreme cusion button clutch and should be capable.

11 hours ago, LJDB said:

250 crossflow, il have to pull tge box out and have a look

if the clutch fork isn't in its locating pin, i've had to put it in, and sticky tape or tie the fork to the bell housing to keep it located while you fit the box(would be easier to do if fitting the box and bell as one unit but that's too heavy without a transmission jack and a hoist) 

sounds good, i've bought a few clutches from Mike there. 

mike also burned BGDAV though with a master cyl, told Dave it's the same one he has on his XE(was an XF one he sent) would not refund or swap it.. was a proper cunt.. 

so mixed feelings about dealing with him after that.