BenMason

T5 from XG into '91 XF Ute

Mate I literally shut my garage & walked away from this car a couple of months ago because I couldn’t be bothered with it.

If only I knew a bash with a hammer would solve it engine mounts bolted up & she slotted into place nicely!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Khan xf xl said:

Oh well we’ll just have to see how long it lasts I guess,I’ve still got the c4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plenty of cars have run T5s making good power, it will depend on it's condition and how it's driven. 

i blew up 4 single rails in less than a month when i put one behind My 351.. got one rebuilt and couldn't kill it after 80,000kms..  

anything that's half worn out is not going to last as well as a fresh one not matter what you do with it. 

give it a shot, i'd probably be mindful it's expensive to replace and maybe look at rebuilding it before it goes bang if it's going to cop a thrashing?

Completely off topic to my original post lol, but anyway

From my experience with BA/BF the T5 and T56 share the same front bolt pattern.  If you blow the T5 replace it with the T56 it should be an almost direct replacement.  Pretty hard to blow a T56, I'm running a factory unit behind my 700HP XR6 Turbo and it has a wall of torque from 3000 - 7000rpm.

Ben