MatthewXD302c

302 Cleveland Build

a diff conversion place will cut the axle tubes, re weld them an inch or so inwards(to offset the wide wheels) 
sometimes they'll have axels that suit, otherwise they'll need resplining to suit.. 
$1000 min for that probably.. 

can see an example here, not bathurst globes but weld wheels look

20150123_165715_zps20ba8b54.jpg

Dean touching on about the rims.

Do I need to do the diff conversion to fit wide tyres under the car?
What about spacers, is that an alternative or no?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

back in the olden days.. people would fit an XY diff to XA to XD to get a wider wheel in.

you can get wide wheels in on the stock diff, but it's just a matter of measuring back spacing(always confusing, there's different measurements used) 

but most 8" rims for cars pre AU will fit on the rear. 

you can go wider (there is space in the wheel wells for 10" wide wheels, but you'll need the correct offset(aka back spacing) 

i prefer the 7" on front and 8" on the rear, but you can't rotate the tyres if so.. (who cares?) 

8" with the correct offset can fit the front, also depends how low the car is. 

you'll either have to copy what someone else has fitted or do some learning and measuring for the one off type wheels for width and backspace/offset

Still sounds like a fairly big project. Try to make sure you have the money to finish it before pulling it apart.  Or  have a good shed that for it and the parts to be stored until finished 
Ye we know man,

My dad Is financially going to help me also since his selling his 66 mustang we built a while ago. So we have had experience with building a car from a rust bucket.
I need to start doing my homework to see how much things are going to cost, I know the engine bay respray will be about $400.

I now have to work out how much everything will be for the motor etc.
To be honest I'm still thinking is it worth putting a hi stall and diff gears in. I might just freshen the motor up a bit and put a new exhaust and extractors on.

yeah everyone's different
i don't care about paint.. pic of My gemini engine below currently(i had the engine out, could have detailed it but wanted it driving asap.. next engine will be tidy, see painted rocker cover) probably still won't paint the engine bay, because you can't see it when driving..

vwRAFkv.jpg

l2WV4Wf.jpg

As a crusier my 302C has been alright, apart from 4.11's killing economy. as a drag car has been a fail.

I started the build as I wanted to make around similar power to AU 2or3 XR8,

Did a basic reco, hot tanked, honed, all new bearing, moly rings, recoed heads with upgraded valve springs, retainers, locks, hardened pushrods,

Crow cam & lifters, cam is a 21603 214/214 @0.050'' .510"/.510" 110lsa makes power till 5500 rpm, edelbrock performer, 650 holley, extractors 2.5" twin exhaust.

made 240rwhp last time it was tuned

see my build thread link XE V8 drag ute for info & videos of it running

As a crusier my 302C has been alright, apart from 4.11's killing economy. as a drag car has been a fail.
Did a basic reco, hot tanked, honed, all new bearing, moly rings, recoed heads with upgraded valve springs, retainers, locks, hardened pushrods,
Crow cam & lifters, cam is a 21603 214/214 @0.050'' .510"/.510" 110lsa makes power till 5500 rpm, edelbrock performer, 650 holley, extractors 2.5" twin exhaust.

That's a healthy little clevo right there, why is it a failure as a drag car? Traction? gearboxn stall speed? not enough power? That combo should get you in the 13s no probs

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

How much did that rougly cost to build?

@gerg all the above lol. When it was running good PB'ed 15.0077/94 with heap of wheelspin (street wheels), then runs crap & runs low 16's, &

slicks bog the engine down, currently has timing out, running hot & possibly bad headgasket. bigger stall would help, but still runs out of rpm,

Need to build a more serious engine.

@MatthewXD302c Engine was around $2800 inc. new performer intake & Holley carby,

Guys I have finally started the Build on my XD. After turning 18 in June last year and finishing school I have found myself an apprenticeship as a electrician. It's been a good 3 months into the build now and you can follow it all on Instagram @1tuffxd302

Cheers29d2ef08d164256b2f2a96d5849fb2c5.jpg

Thansk for photos, dont do social media.  Interior looks sweet.!  Love the grey velour, reminds me of my LTD.
Cheers buddy, I might start a forum up see how I feel.