MatthewXD302c

302 Cleveland Build

Just finished trying to fit 20" on the rear, just fit.
Anyone recommend any good rims that come in 19".
9a56cc1fc894fbb74bf927a7d98fe1fe.jpg0847f1d7880a5e92ab00e83a76a0e810.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey, what are these rear wheels off? The off set looks wrong as they sit to far inward, plus needs more tyre in my opinion.

No one here wants to see you waste money and end up annoyed with your end result. I’d be writing down your wants vs needs for the car, if I was 20 again I’d laugh at myself for saying that, but over the last 12 years of playing with my XD, I’ve changed direction so many times with things because I never really had an end goal with the finances I had.

For performance and wanting to chop your mates, like what has been said above a standard auto 302c XD is going to get smoked easy by the average new car, I’m not taking the piss but I’d bet my left nut a Ford 1.0 ecoboost would own it. A stock good running XD 302c took about 9 or so seconds to get to 100kmh, a camshaft and a tune isn’t going to get it down to 6 seconds...

If it was my car, I would pick a direction of either tidying the body up and putting some wheels on it and making it look mint OR spend money to make it sound and perform better. If you have a bit of this and a bit of that you may regret what you end up with.

Maybe just do a complete service on it, plugs, leads, oils and filters and then use the car for a bit, get use to it and then see what you’d like to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, MatthewXD302c said:

And if never heard on a shortened diff? Where does it shorten?

a diff conversion place will cut the axle tubes, re weld them an inch or so inwards(to offset the wide wheels) 
sometimes they'll have axels that suit, otherwise they'll need resplining to suit.. 

$1000 min for that probably.. 

can see an example here, not bathurst globes but weld wheels look

20150123_165715_zps20ba8b54.jpg

The original Globes are not available anymore. The company went bust. But they are made aftermarket by companies like ROH etc, called Challengers (I think).

Ebay - Ford Bathurst Globes.

A shortened diff is cut and made narrower. Just had my 9" done, housing and axles. $600.

+ 1 on the wrong offset.

Not only would those wheels be illegal, they wouldn't physically bolt up to the front as the suspension would likely get in the way. You're allowed 13mm in or out from the standard offset per side (26mm variation in total wheel track).

Best approach would be to go an inch wider on the rear with the same offset. 15x7 front, 15x8 rear, etc both with zero offset. The reason for the wider rears is that Falcons always had too narrow an axle width to fill the rear guards using the same size wheels all round. It's a pain in the arse because you can't rotate tyres diagonally with different wheel widths front to rear.

The only option other than this, like Dean says, is to get the rear axle widened but that would require an engineer's report to be legit.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

On 29/09/2018 at 8:34 AM, Ando81 said:

Mate, I don’t want to sound like a boring old man but those globes suit it fine in my opinion. With a bit of polish on the alloy they would look sexy as hell. But that’s just my opinion emoji23.png

Yeah & just get some wider tyres with raised white lettering👍

12 hours ago, gerg said:

+ 1 on the wrong offset.

The only option other than this, like Dean says, is to get the rear axle widened but that would require an engineer's report to be legit.

i suggesed narrowing the diff for deeper dish massive width Globes

but i wonder about if an AU diff would fit an XD out of curiosity to fit wrong offset wheels(don't do it, modern wheels are ugly anyway) would need to mess around with brakes also.. and not as easy as fitting an EB wagon (XG diff in) using EB SEDAN fir sedan (wagon/ute for wagon/ute) hand brake cable

Like these?

nah, ghia never had S pack spotlights..  i'd always go for the under bumper fog style ones like that red one above has. (they just look like hella rectangle ones)

those Sev Marchal ones are $500+ .. hard to justify

fd9b71ad1b76f1ed0a78f9cab1ddcd4d.jpg

Hey, what are these rear wheels off? The off set looks wrong as they sit to far inward, plus needs more tyre in my opinion.

No one here wants to see you waste money and end up annoyed with your end result. I’d be writing down your wants vs needs for the car, if I was 20 again I’d laugh at myself for saying that, but over the last 12 years of playing with my XD, I’ve changed direction so many times with things because I never really had an end goal with the finances I had.

For performance and wanting to chop your mates, like what has been said above a standard auto 302c XD is going to get smoked easy by the average new car, I’m not taking the piss but I’d bet my left nut a Ford 1.0 ecoboost would own it. A stock good running XD 302c took about 9 or so seconds to get to 100kmh, a camshaft and a tune isn’t going to get it down to 6 seconds...

If it was my car, I would pick a direction of either tidying the body up and putting some wheels on it and making it look mint OR spend money to make it sound and perform better. If you have a bit of this and a bit of that you may regret what you end up with.

Maybe just do a complete service on it, plugs, leads, oils and filters and then use the car for a bit, get use to it and then see what you’d like to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey buddy cheers for the help,

Iv decided on this for the build.

1. Rip motor out, spray engine bay (silver) and tidy up the motor, install a mild cam, refurb the carby. Then I will be installing a 2500 hi stall and change diff gears or swap out the diff to a XG. Also add a quick shift. Once all done put motor back in and install and exhaust system. Then get the car dyno tuned. Touch up paint like what dean said, use a touch up pen for the scratches, also spray the rear bumper, front bumper etc.

2. Save up enough cash and respray the car.
I have decided on leaving the interior unless someone can fix the huge hole in the seat.

3. Figure out new rims and tyres, either want 19" globes or like the boys said before, (forgot what size rims) I think they said 15x5 front and 15x8 rear not to sure. Obviously globes.