Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

EA MANIFOLD 87DA

Hey i was just down the scrapyard and saw this in the bin so i grabbed it,i saw a corty at all ford day with a ef or el engine with this manifold bolted on with a 2 barrell holley i wonder if they are rare these days so i just grabbed it maybe dean@kdx can add some info on it.says 87DA so i guess it was off a 3.2L early ea single point.qQoNU207_o.jpgqkz1e33t_o.jpg

the 3.9 also had that setup, i wrecked an EA once with it.. surprisingly went well. 

i was wondering what would be involved in bolting one on a gemini.. i saw a budget build ups article where they adapted one onto a 202 holden using some other ecu like a delco from astra or later commodore.. it made more power than the holley 350 from memory.

i'm sure you could stick it on an AU engine even with a carby bolted on and as long as the ignition is sorted it would be an easy way to make one run(all My fords have been on lpg, so a gas mixer would be simpler) 

the 3.9 also had that setup, i wrecked an EA once with it.. surprisingly went well. 

i was wondering what would be involved in bolting one on a gemini.. i saw a budget build ups article where they adapted one onto a 202 holden using some other ecu like a delco from astra or later commodore.. it made more power than the holley 350 from memory.

i'm sure you could stick it on an AU engine even with a carby bolted on and as long as the ignition is sorted it would be an easy way to make one run(all My fords have been on lpg, so a gas mixer would be simpler) 
After spending a few hours cleaning it up it looks choice 6f863666b1355e15250032e85645a458.jpg44205f8b60054000bbbad9b2e24ad167.jpg6194de8af7e14af6abdf6e058b181c3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Ando76 may be able to confirm, but before Aussiespeed brought out their Holley manifolds, I understand these were cut and shut onto the crossy inlet flange and modded to take a speedway 2-barrel or Weber 34. They'd flow much more evenly than the Redline log, which wouldn't be hard.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

i new it was on an old ea engine up high in the rack cause action man had ventured where no man has gone b4 ,but they said they had a clean out and the engine was seized ,but hey all morning i was kept interested in it ,what could be possible and quite a bit.

knew i'd seen that "carby type throttle body" used elsewhere..(post 13)
i may read it for the gemini, but there is an EFi manifold that bolts on.. would be interesting running efi under the stock air cleaner too though

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67260127-Blow-through-Weber-carb

100_0456.jpg

dizzy just pulls out and swaps for the crank angle sensor thing for coil packs.. 
depends what you are doing with it.. if you read Thoms ohc thread you'd be getting an AU bottom end with an EF XR6 head and running a bbm .. that carby look think will probably be on it's limit pretty much standard?

but then again, look at Campo's barra NA conversion into XF and it's making decent power NA.. 
or look at blackxt's current thread with turbo Lpg 4.0 and you'll be thinking turbo... 

then think turbo and look at the turbo crossflow times .. that's what you have now, then think you want to keep your exhaust so follow slydogs blower setup ..

hmm. then remember the sparkydave slogan.. keep it stock date code correct, genuine parts, don't drive it for 10yrs to keep the kms down, don't die before you get to drive it because whoever inherits it will take it to scrap because old car.. 

that got a bit out of hand..haha

dizzy just pulls out and swaps for the crank angle sensor thing for coil packs.. 
depends what you are doing with it.. if you read Thoms ohc thread you'd be getting an AU bottom end with an EF XR6 head and running a bbm .. that carby look think will probably be on it's limit pretty much standard?

but then again, look at Campo's barra NA conversion into XF and it's making decent power NA.. 
or look at blackxt's current thread with turbo Lpg 4.0 and you'll be thinking turbo... 
then think turbo and look at the turbo crossflow times .. that's what you have now, then think you want to keep your exhaust so follow slydogs blower setup ..

hmm. then remember the sparkydave slogan.. keep it stock date code correct, genuine parts, don't drive it for 10yrs to keep the kms down, don't die before you get to drive it because whoever inherits it will take it to scrap because old car.. 

that got a bit out of hand..haha
Nah just for a engine to rebuild i syppose a eb ed would be fine

I’d do AU bottom end. It’s got a better combustion shape in the piston crown, longer rods which give you better angle in the bore and more torque down low and cross bolting of the alloy sump to the mains caps. What’s not to like??
Dave is spot on with the head.
See if you can find a non vct Xr6 au motor. Better cam, valve springs and exhaust valves are 2mm bigger.

An EF core, should have the better balanced 12 counterweight crankshaft.
The late EL/AU hybrid cores, have lighter valvetrain assemblies and better flowing cylinder heads.

Maybe an EF bottom end, with a Hybrid cylinder head assembly?
You dont waht to do that without boost, that combo will drop comp down to about 8:1

i even think a xe/f style webber will bolt straight on5MFmQ5Hq_o.jpg
Some good candidate's an au t5 engine and a greenie au ?take ya pick hundreds in there plus a gemini engineb37c7605debb44071f054e900be1d5d5.jpgc1a3df8cf0a9121a0c18bfd0c96fd3cd.jpg

That manifold design is very interesting.. looks like Ford made an attempt for even cylinder distribution.. never easy on an inline 6.                                                         Wonder if anyone has flow tested these..?