Demmo

auto from el into xg

ok i need some advise from the knowledgeable      re auto 4 speeds        i may have sourced an auto box from an el 4ltr falcon as a replacement for my xg 4ltr   auto   can someone tell me  if it is a straight swap or is there modification needed     sorry for limited details as i haven't laid eyes on the transmission so i am  in the dark  a bit     

its typical demmo style  need fast decision  if i want it    the driver can grab it tomorrow arvo  as he has room to squeeze it on the backload     so any advise would be appreciated

cheers  demmo 

give a transmission mob a phone call to confirm, but i was Told to get any from EA to EL for My brothers EB(similar spec to the XG) 

the only catch is the EF and EL etc don't have a dipstick which if it doesn't leak is fine.. but if it leaks and you can't check it  they fuck up from low oil. 

dipstick can't be added as far as i know. but if options are limited, you could get it.. fit it, then send yours off for reco etc later(or find one with a dipstick in good nick)