Nathan2000

What should i buy?

5 posts in this topic

mkay, so im about to sell my current car for around 11k, im either looking into getting an manaul fg n/a, although there is not many going around at the moment, or im debating on whether i should get a ef or el of some sort and spend what ever money thats left over on the car, or on any other non related car stuff. what everyones opinions on it? would be much appreciatedūüĎĆūüĎĆ

Plenty of nice cars round for 11k. Just depends on what you want and how much work you want to do on it.

If you want a low km car with great paint/body, be prepared to pay. Conversely, if you can live with an imperfect body and your priorities lie elsewhere (ie driver involvement, character, functionality) then you can get a decent bargain. E-series are getting thin now, remember they stopped making them 20 years ago.

If you get a nice car you'll less likely want to modify it. If you get one that's so-so, it will be more of a blank canvas for you to do what you want with.

If manuals go for a lot more than autos, maybe consider doing a conversion.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

If you want a lot of car for the money, pick up an early model LTD or Fairlane.  FC or FD, maybe a BA, NF, ZH or ZL, leather, air, cruise, steer, etc.  Dump it 2 inches and cruise.......

As above, value for money, hard to go past a BA/BF Fairmont Ghia or BA/BF Fairlane. You can almost have your pick of them with that budget.

But personally, I still think the AU is in a great spot at the moment - very unloved considering BA/BF/FG have now become so cheap, but the reliability (and repairability) of an AU is superior IMO.

I picked up my AU2 Fairmont Ghia, V8 (5.0L), Tickford bodykit for $1,200. Spare parts are still moderately easy to come by, new parts (brake pads, hoses etc) are all cheap to buy, upgrades are easy and plentiful (brake upgrades, leather interiors, Momo steering wheels and knobs).

Don't be scared of an AU or BA with 150,000 to 250,000k's as there's still life in them way beyond that, as long as you get it cheap enough and can count on spending a bit of money on worn out things like wheel bearings/hubs etc (which are all still available and cheap)!

Defective likes this