Server maintenance Read more... ×
JackL

Random Barra questions

Hi brand new here and I don’t even know if this is the right place for questions on Barras but what 5 speed box will bolt up and by what means? I have many questions but I’ll start simple

Hi brand new here and I don’t even know if this is the right place for questions on Barras but what 5 speed box will bolt up and by what means? I have many questions but I’ll start simple
Xf to ba t5 will bolt up, you could use a ba or au bellhousing, au will let you use a cable clutch ba bell housing you will have to use a hydraulic throw out bearing

Xf to ba t5 will bolt up, you could use a ba or au bellhousing, au will let you use a cable clutch ba bell housing you will have to use a hydraulic throw out bearing
AU onwards boxes are longer aren't they? Might be something to be wary of.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They are but it depends what you're putting it in whether that's and advantage or disadvantage

11 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

11 hours ago, Thom said:
11 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

They are but it depends what you're putting it in whether that's and advantage or disadvantage

i wish i used a T5 from AU on My lexus V8 into falcon, i reckon it would have been a bolt in with stock mount, speedo, tailshaft and gearstick in the right spot(engine had a decent firewall gap due to where the sump allowed the engine to fit). supra box was probably more expensive itself also

Very good info thanks guys. So what box would you recommend for an xb? I should say what box would fit best in there for shifter position. Behind a Barra of course

Edited by JackL
Stupidity

Very good info thanks guys. So what box would you recommend for an xb? I should say what box would fit best in there for shifter position. Behind a Barra of course
And xf to el t5 will land the shifter in basically the same place as a single rail (minimal trimming if at all for the shifter to come out of the stock hole) but you do want to avoid xf and ea t5's as they are made of glass compared to later boxes

On 30/08/2018 at 4:17 PM, Thom said:
On 30/08/2018 at 9:35 AM, JackL said:

And xf to el t5 will land the shifter in basically the same place as a single rail (minimal trimming if at all for the shifter to come out of the stock hole) but you do want to avoid xf and ea t5's as they are made of glass compared to later boxes

That’s good to know. Man I wish I signed up here sooner. So much good info and knowledgeable people

12 hours ago, Thom said:

Welcome to the forum by the way, feel free to start a build thread

I shall as soon as I get a donor car and some funds. Car hopefully by this weekend