Jkmacxf

Xf miss fire running rough

XF Fairmont with rough idle and missfires under acceleration. Is there anyway to test the ignition module on the distributor?

Timing has been set as per mr polsens ford service bulletin (thanks for that).

Carb or injected?

I'd check cap, rotor, leads and plugs first

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Injected. Cap checked, leads and plugs tested all ok cold or hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vacuum leak.

or,  plug leads, cracked cap, shit fuel, incorrect timing, fouled plug, blocked air cleaner, clogged fuel filter, ignition module, coil, 

Thanks bear351c. Is there a vacuum advance on the injected or is it controlled through the ecu. Air filter clean , new fuel filter and a tank full of 98. Coil tested within specs. Just a process of elimination. Ignition module getting replaced tomorrow.

Timing has been set to 10deg BTDC the once the signal wire for the ecu is plugged back in goes to 14. Got me knackered.

Thanks bear351c. Is there a vacuum advance on the injected or is it controlled through the ecu. Air filter clean , new fuel filter and a tank full of 98. Coil tested within specs. Just a process of elimination. Ignition module getting replaced tomorrow.

No vac advance on EFI.

All plug leads are on in right order (153624)?

Vac leaks from gaskets/hoses/dipstick/oil cap cause big issues with the xflows injection so worth checking that too

No vac advance on EFI.

All plug leads are on in right order (153624)?

Vac leaks from gaskets/hoses/dipstick/oil cap cause big issues with the xflows injection so worth checking that too

Sweet. Leads are in correct order. Sometimes it runs fine the breaks down. Noted the engine died when running and I removed the oil cap.
I think the new module may fix it.

I will post an update to what the fix is.

Update Won’t start at all. threw a set of plugs and leads at it for cause they’re old. Tried new coil. Replaced module. Nothing. Will fire the die. Like it is being choked. Found one muffler rooted possibly blocking the exhaust. Dropping the exhaust off the car at the cat to see if it will start.

Tested coolant temp sensor for ecu no reading at 20 deg supposed to be 2300 - 2700 ohms. Tested at 100deg supposed to be 170 - 210 is is showing around 6500. Oops. I have heard these will stop the engine. As it is now dead and won’t start.

Original leads fried. Turns out I was sold the wrong set of leads. Shop reordered NGK leads fitted and runs perfectly. Can’t even remember brand supplied but they look like cheap crap. Xf Fairmont Ghia now the daily drive.