CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

Hey can anyone tell me why 5.0L rings are double the price of normal 302w rings ?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Moly-faced? Thinner? Low-drag? Dunno.... Interested myself.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

does the alloy timing cover have anything to do with what chain you use ,eg,early cover fits double roller chain ? or doesnt really matter.
It doesn't really matter I've been lead to believe

hey i have heard that you can put new roller lifters on an old cam ,because they are not turning is this correct ?
You can provided the cam has no scoring pitting or any of the hardness flaking off, same goes for the lifters, they can even be used with aftermarket cams (providing they are still in serviceable condition), while the factory cam is ok in the roller engines there a many better/ more modern grinds available

thom can you use link bar roller lifters instead of using the dog bone and spider or its no benifit ? 
No real need the spider setup is pretty decent and quieter than the link bars, the link bars were mainly developed as a way retrofit roller cams into non roller engines

You can provided the cam has no scoring pitting or any of the hardness flaking off, same goes for the lifters, they can even be used with aftermarket cams (providing they are still in serviceable condition), while the factory cam is ok in the roller engines there a many better/ more modern grinds available
I've read that the E303 motorsport cam is a popular, all-round, ECU-friendly unit. Slight lope at idle, 220@ 0.050", 110 lobe sep. Probably not far off what you have in your crossy Chestnut.

I've read that the E303 motorsport cam is a popular, all-round, ECU-friendly unit. Slight lope at idle, 220@ 0.050", 110 lobe sep. Probably not far off what you have in your crossy Chestnut.

Yes i looked at that thismoring,i got the pump off i had to just grind one bolt thru now just the timing housing remains it looks factory i will try not to kill it40ea613df41b355843e17cd730abf2d3.jpgffebdf32e9b7998298746d9659c6bda4.jpga5e9f38a0e6fcb23afbdcb47e3b84b8b.jpg1718e2d6fbfb8bf20ea4f46bc6d89595.jpg

What are the casting numbers on the heads? It’ll be underneath the rockercover in amongst the rockers
Ok i will look it only has this on the crank bearing size is factorycda5e5973595da025ea4ceada2b1c593.jpg42d978e7545ff0c65d552c9bcf54bb0d.jpg05ecb75dfec6ae35b8177412e529b487.jpg

im no expert but i would say these have had fair ware on them but maybe still usable ? the dog bones look all good.6RDE9NYK_o.jpgb51wgjQB_o.jpg

That lifter looks like it has some nasty scoring at the top. It’s hard so see but that lower part above the roller could be overheated??
What do the lifter bores look like?