CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

really ? im still trying to work out how to get around the serpantine set up,like there is no a/c anymore so are shorter belts available ? the big alloy alt bracket is broken will any eb to au one work ? also i would like to put a eb style balancer on it but will a early 5.0L crank pulley still work or are all the 5.0 set ups the same,i just dont need the trigger thing on the au balancer .

Shorter belts are available. If you buy a 'standard style' serpentine belt, it's number is something like 6PK2375, or 4PK0985. 

6PK has 6 grooves, 4PK has 4.

2375 is the length in Millimetres if you cut the belt and lay it flat on the ground. Dont forget to add/subtract some extra for the tensioner pulley.

Old Vee belts are the same.... 11A0875, or 13A1195. Groove size x Length.

ok thanks for that,it looks like au v8 alternator is different to eb style,but i wonder if the big alloy bracket is the same ? thats what i need to know.
Romac do this one that looks like you can take the trigger wheel off9a9707306234d58a0cbead623b0dec14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

the front accessories on an au to e series are not interchangeable without swapping everything, if you want to use e series stuff you will have to change all the brackets, alternator, p/steer pump, idlers and tensioners as well as timing cover, water pump and balancer to suit e series, the au front dress is shorter than e series and makes the whole engine shorter by about an inch

Romac do this one that looks like you can take the trigger wheel off9a9707306234d58a0cbead623b0dec14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

why do you want to take it off its not in the way of anything if you use the au stuff