Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

really ? im still trying to work out how to get around the serpantine set up,like there is no a/c anymore so are shorter belts available ? the big alloy alt bracket is broken will any eb to au one work ? also i would like to put a eb style balancer on it but will a early 5.0L crank pulley still work or are all the 5.0 set ups the same,i just dont need the trigger thing on the au balancer .

Shorter belts are available. If you buy a 'standard style' serpentine belt, it's number is something like 6PK2375, or 4PK0985. 

6PK has 6 grooves, 4PK has 4.

2375 is the length in Millimetres if you cut the belt and lay it flat on the ground. Dont forget to add/subtract some extra for the tensioner pulley.

Old Vee belts are the same.... 11A0875, or 13A1195. Groove size x Length.

ok thanks for that,it looks like au v8 alternator is different to eb style,but i wonder if the big alloy bracket is the same ? thats what i need to know.
Romac do this one that looks like you can take the trigger wheel off9a9707306234d58a0cbead623b0dec14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

the front accessories on an au to e series are not interchangeable without swapping everything, if you want to use e series stuff you will have to change all the brackets, alternator, p/steer pump, idlers and tensioners as well as timing cover, water pump and balancer to suit e series, the au front dress is shorter than e series and makes the whole engine shorter by about an inch

Romac do this one that looks like you can take the trigger wheel off9a9707306234d58a0cbead623b0dec14.jpg

why do you want to take it off its not in the way of anything if you use the au stuff

why do you want to take it off its not in the way of anything if you use the au stuff  
Thanks thom im glad i did not hit the buy it now button on the eb bracket

Thanks thom im glad i did not hit the buy it now button on the eb bracket

But an older style bracket and pulleys like off a xy should work on a late model block

But an older style bracket and pulleys like off a xy should work on a late model block

they will but you have to swap timing cover, water pump and you need a balancer to suit v belts that also is a 58ounce balancer

they will but you have to swap timing cover, water pump and you need a balancer to suit v belts that also is a 58ounce balancer
Surely the eb 50 oz with 4 bolt holes will fit a old school v belt pulley ?

This is getting interesting so what do all the 5.o freaks do ?

you have to find the right combination of aftermarket and stock parts to make it work

i watched a video the other day where a company in america makes a balancer for neutral,28 or 50oz ,3 in 1 balancer,you just keep adding bobweights to it as supplied,might try and find it.

Thom is bang on with the pulley spacings, I have a V belt set up that I haven’t used as crank, water pump and Alt did not line up, so cheated and used a gilmour style. You could muck around with spacers but I couldn’t be bothered, once set up and running true the gilmour is good, I’ve never had an issue and mine gets some big revs.

No PS for mine mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i watched a video the other day where a company in america makes a balancer for neutral,28 or 50oz ,3 in 1 balancer,you just keep adding bobweights to it as supplied,might try and find it.

e42af614de419e578abfdf525ab18a45.jpg

This suits 50oz and suits 3 and 4 bolt pulleys.

man im glad i did not buy all these pulleys n stuff,im gunna have to do more reasearch or stick with the AU style but the build theme was to make the 302 look old school with the blue paint but its gunna look like a jigsaw engine if i put the big chunky alloy brackets on it,im only missing the alt bracket as the one i have is broken but all the others are vg,all engine parts are ready to go oiled and bagged,just waiting on rings n conrod bearings then i can start to fit the bottom end up.you can see at the bottom of the au bracket its broken off cause it had a hit from underneath when the grandson smashed it .Q2r8Gepf_o.jpgBhmwgQlA_o.jpgkVjnvFRj_o.jpgPfrOctqi_o.jpg

I’ll send a photo of mine showing the basic set up.

The sump is fkd i think looks like it has had a bump ? The nut wont do up correctly 574a7fe5d8e04baa5a1a6bea1d71847a.jpg345dd16d257f2568a2730806b7bbd0f5.jpg