CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

Molasses 1 part to 9 parts water will do the same thing but takes about a week
Yeah it works alright but 5 minutes after i gernie it its fkn rusty again ? I tried blow drying the block helped a bit but weather is bad today,tomorrow will call the alien to piss on it with acid

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

I bought some stuff to remove surface rust and after 10 mins seems to be eating everything but says leave at least 30 mins259804f88c302a09262f8ad83d618708.jpg

I'd get some of that liquid Evaporust, and dunk the whole engine block in it.

Then you don't have to wash it off?

(no flash rusting)

Their head office, is in QLD somewhere I believe.

https://www.evapo-rust.com.au/How It Works.html

Is that Action Gel stuff, the same as Evaporust?

The idea is not to give ol m8 at the machine shop as much to do as im spending too much on a dunk of the block at 100 bux someone had already bathed the block but left it 12 months thats why it had slight surface rust but definitely looks better now

bores will rust instantly.. need to wipe them with some oil etc instantly .. same for machined surfaces 

Light surface rust is pretty normal, but if you're still worried, best to hit it with some CRC while it's still wet and blow/wipe it all off. The only surfaces that really matter are bores and bearing tunnels. A bit of 1000 wet n dry takes care of these areas.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Light surface rust is pretty normal, but if you're still worried, best to hit it with some CRC while it's still wet and blow/wipe it all off. The only surfaces that really matter are bores and bearing tunnels. A bit of 1000 wet n dry takes care of these areas.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

When i got home from work its fkd again so will do it all again today but oil it straight awayd09ec8ac9b9af2cf7b158f5eef4aeeee.jpg

its better now after spending a few hrs on it,i also cleaned 1 rod n piston up plus the bearings to do a dummy fit b4 taking it to the machine shop,i want to see how far down the hole the pistons are ,also the piston has about 20cc dish,so many heads available ,i would like to be in the 10.1 range .oxrn2RWN_o.jpg6AGNRg4t_o.jpgCnW3vTQc_o.jpg

also these lifters seem the same but different,the guts of the 94 windsor roller lifter comes straight out and the eb 302 ones only the top bit came off,as a test i tryed everything on a fkd lifter just to see if i could get the rest out but nope ?Ltz1Ti7i_o.jpg

any suggestion how to unpart em dave
I watched a vid on u tube how to clean em properly and it said if those parts are stuck in there they are trash so i cleaned the good ones out of the 351w and replaced the lot now they are working fine and im soooo glad i replaced them also the manifold should come today then finish it offb219620504dd18b89dcb528aa15b5310.jpgf7837e00a59031d6859b9393c1cf04cc.jpg9f33a004ffa31da42bb74d1b7fdd6a03.jpg

another shot,i also spent time cleaning the pistons for the new windsor looking good,i just put the top ring back on so i can do a dummy fit with the crank to see if we can surface the block .i saw a video where they put all 4 corner pistons in and see exactly how much to mill.Zwi35QV4_o.jpgxwYlAq3H_o.jpg

another shot,i also spent time cleaning the pistons for the new windsor looking good,i just put the top ring back on so i can do a dummy fit with the crank to see if we can surface the block .i saw a video where they put all 4 corner pistons in and see exactly how much to mill.Zwi35QV4_o.jpgxwYlAq3H_o.jpg
Im haveing massive trouble finding correct rings for the 351w factory piston as its an american thing ,plenty in the usa i might have too order them,302 efi is different