Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

Bit late now, but i would port match the heads and the manifold to the felpro gasket cutout. You may change heads, manifolds, extractors etc, but pretty sure all Felpro gaskets will remain the same shape.

Just make sure sure there is nothing interfering with the air flow passages.

only about 1mm if that like i could trim the gasket but wait until the efi set comes then choose best option.
Finally got the gaskets so after lunch do a dummy fit003a8452f3d82e5586627204208ccc0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Finally got the gaskets so after lunch do a dummy fit003a8452f3d82e5586627204208ccc0f.jpg

Ok they fit much better imo ,dummy fitted the manifold and without any bolts have about 10 thou between cork gasket and intake so should be fine when tourqued down also i think this is the right way for the carby to face ? With fuel fitting towards front060886e515527cfaac01c7eb30b443e4.jpg827aadac9d976960c4f358cf7b12a743.jpg98991bee0b211ca37c4ab293426acd6f.jpgdda826e51cbfbd45ac997242c8f20c09.jpgdd77e43e995b8e793ff16338e7134713.jpg176782416aff8886d3444b7b2b8fc871.jpg

whats the best sealer to use,can always change manifold n carb,ridiculas what coin people are asking for a 4 barrel 2nd hand,even cast iron starting at 300 odd

The grey RTV stuff, use masking tape on the block and manifold so when it squishes out a bit you can wipe it and then remove the tape for a clean look.

I haven’t looked at manifold prices in a long time. You use to be able to get a new alloy rpm performer for around $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our dollar is so bad for buying hi po gear,but great for tourism and people coming here for holidays,i remember in mid 80s the b and m mini blower came out for 2v and 4v cleveland and was $2499 from local speed shops,very rare piece if you can find one.

Just jam a $600 nitrous kit onto her and go to the track, she'll be right!

In all seriousness, the Motortrend 'Engine Masters' segment did a good shootout for the Performer RPM, Weiand and Procomp high-rise dual plane manifolds. The RPM and Weiand traded blows with about 1hp between them, and the Procomp was about 10hp down... mind you it was on a 450hp engine so probably fine under 400hp or so.

For $280 shipped the Procomp listing looks like a steal.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-SB-260-289-302-Windsor-Eliminator-Intake-Manifold-Satin/372403843878?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

That Motorcraft 2 barrel looks smick on there, do you know what size it is? There are 4 or so different sizes, the Venturi diameter is stamped on the float bowl apparently. There are listings of CFM ratings for each size available.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, NZXD said:

The Smaller Weiand 174 blower for a Windsor is now 5-6k for the kit. I should have got one years ago but now it’s too expensive.

Same for Clevo, getting quite hard to obtain anything Blower for a 351C in Oz.

wish I'd done the same..........

22 minutes ago, gerg said:

That Motorcraft 2 barrel looks smick on there, do you know what size it is? There are 4 or so different sizes, the Venturi diameter is stamped on the float bowl apparently. There are listings of CFM ratings for each size available.

there is 2 stampings 1 side says 4/8 and the other side says 108 i know it came off a 1970 mustang 302 with matching manifold 

1.08 is 287cfm bahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hey i just found out that this 4 barrel one is a 600cfm 4300A model used up to 1976 maybe worth recoing and put on the 400ab4c017e79d82f5b6b295fb0c3dafec3.jpg8cbf9b47724f917fbdaa3669fc2754f0.jpg

They're an ok carby from what I can find on them, you'd consider them a semi-emissions model as a result of the first lot of pollution laws. Never seen one apart but I can imagine that nothing fits from a Holley ie: jets, squirters, etc so you're stuck with drilling out the stockers or sourcing replacements.

They're an ok carby from what I can find on them, you'd consider them a semi-emissions model as a result of the first lot of pollution laws. Never seen one apart but I can imagine that nothing fits from a Holley ie: jets, squirters, etc so you're stuck with drilling out the stockers or sourcing replacements.

Even says this model was used on 429

Even says this model was used on 429

Yeah been killing time at the park and reading about them, they were only used for a short time then switched to a *cough* Rochester.... Yep!

The more I read, the more I think it might be not worth fucking with. They were very problematic by the sounds of it. Flat spots that can't be tuned out, fuel percolation, etc. If Ford had to buy in a GM carby to fix the issue, it mustn't be a great unit to start with.

hmmm i guess if its a numbers matching car with one fitted from factory it woud be worth doing,but im still thinking about what carb to put on the 400,you really cant go past a reco sixhundred vac for 400 bux or just buy a new one for a few dollars more,im still waiting on manifold bolts to bolt down the 302 manifold,then once its sold start on the 400.

Yeah don't mess with a trainwreck mate, it might be a good shed or historically accurate reco piece but I wouldn't try chucking it on an engine.

Get a used 600 core and put a kit through it for the vacuum diaphragm, accel pump, seats, o-rings and bowl gaskets. Squirt the rest out with carb cleaner and compressed air. You'll be into it for about $200.

11 hours ago, Boingk said:

Yeah don't mess with a trainwreck mate, it might be a good shed or historically accurate reco piece but I wouldn't try chucking it on an engine.

Get a used 600 core and put a kit through it for the vacuum diaphragm, accel pump, seats, o-rings and bowl gaskets. Squirt the rest out with carb cleaner and compressed air. You'll be into it for about $200.

Yep. Agree with Gerg and Boingk. Use it as a door stop. Looked at the Edelbrock carbs.?