Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

What is it going into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe in the ute or something else if i can find a cheapie i have many options and gearboxs

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

If you intend to run power steer and AC, I’d keep the front serpentine belt set up on it and use all the AU accessories.

I’d go for the Air Gap manifold too and slap a 600 on it. I’ve got a 650 dp on mine and it rips.

If you intend to run power steer and AC, I’d keep the front serpentine belt set up on it and use all the AU accessories.

I’d go for the Air Gap manifold too and slap a 600 on it. I’ve got a 650 dp on mine and it rips.

There is some nice serpentine belt set ups with alloy pulleys but 600 bux yeah right

There is some nice serpentine belt set ups with alloy pulleys but 600 bux yeah right

First piston cleaned up well ,now the restd4c4081f495aa41212178a12d56ba17c.jpg

The E303 which 220@50 and .498 lift is a great mild cam, has a chop to it and performs ok. Be ok with factory springs and rockers.

You can get this grind from most cam manufacturers.

You will have to run a steel dizzy gear with aftermarket roller cams.

Just depends what you want to do with it.

The E303 is a good match for the GT40p heads and they run out of flow around .500 lift, not much point having a huge cam and restrictive heads.

From memory the 40p head flows about 200cfm at .500 lift.

Going to a 1.7 ratio rocker will give it slightly more cam lift as it is increasing the ratio from 1.6

The factory cam in the base AU 4.0 is about .444 lift with the 1.6 ratio rocker, by going to the 1.7 ratio will increase the cam lift to roughly .470

I haven’t tried it myself with Cleveland or cross stamped rockers, you can buy bolt on 1.7 rockers to suit the Windsor in either stud or pedestal.

Most bottom end parts are cleaned ,block is ready to paint soon3a04f98487e29c00246fe9622975121a.jpg67e85c434d6547fba7fc499b7dc8e53f.jpge3924770bd19c6a48419ebd12b84944f.jpg04d736b39a6ac1a2b6fa71924dc3c297.jpg

there is soooo much stuff to browse and get carried away on,with these late model smallblocks,seems a good upgrade for the gt40p heads is a trickflow valve spring kit,shims and locks,and some other stuff.

there is soooo much stuff to browse and get carried away on,with these late model smallblocks,seems a good upgrade for the gt40p heads is a trickflow valve spring kit,shims and locks,and some other stuff.

The issue with the gt40p head is that it is good for about 300hp if you bang in a bigger cam and some compression.

I did look into building up a set but bang for buck it wasn’t worth it and I went alloy.

I have a real liking for the little 302 rollers.