CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

i think your right bear most are saying that .003 minimum ,but that is at the bottom of the skirt,so i did a test at the bottom and its much smaller gap than at the top,because its still using the factory pistons and std bore after honing as well you would expect the top gap to be a bit bigger,plus god knows how many miles put on it,the side skirts of the pistons show slight ware but nothing critical,interesting note a F1 engine is so tight in the bores they have to heat the block up about an hour even b4 the thing can be started !

There should be a bigger gap at the crown than at the skirt. The crown cops the combustion blast and heat, there is more metal there. Therefore it expands the most. Don’t worry about it, just slap it together and get it in that Xf ute of yours.

There should be a bigger gap at the crown than at the skirt. The crown cops the combustion blast and heat, there is more metal there. Therefore it expands the most. Don’t worry about it, just slap it together and get it in that Xf ute of yours.
Question for ford fans why doesnt the 2nd conrod on all banks fit on the crank ? I thought maybe just 1 might be out but nope all the same ? I have never come across this b4 the rods are not numberd but with letters and im trying to find on the internet if there is a order to putting them together 757af6f76131e781be1d4f271a0cc3bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Question for ford fans why doesnt the 2nd conrod on all banks fit on the crank ? I thought maybe just 1 might be out but nope all the same ? I have never come across this b4 the rods are not numberd but with letters and im trying to find on the internet if there is a order to putting them together 757af6f76131e781be1d4f271a0cc3bc.jpg

Ooppps there is number 1 to 8 tiny stamp on the rod this could be why ? Soon find out with number 1 and 8 cyl32835e3737804e4a3cf5d812b84f9eb1.jpgb36c51e992ae5d10da9c8876182a9b9d.jpg

Ooppps there is number 1 to 8 tiny stamp on the rod this could be why ? Soon find out with number 1 and 8 cyl32835e3737804e4a3cf5d812b84f9eb1.jpgb36c51e992ae5d10da9c8876182a9b9d.jpg

After a few hrs i got them all in and turning nicely 3a44dcdedc3b097a711dccdfe3f671b2.jpgda3137cfd51865d6808d779cba36e14b.jpg

43 minutes ago, Valvebouncer said:

You are better off getting an old head bolt and cutting slots into it than using a tap. You run the risk if taking metal off the thread rather than cleaning the funk out

Funk = gunk emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

that's what i do.. because i am not buying any taps for a thread that already exists

I dont have any bolts at all ,all funky holes have been screwed

Can anyone explain this hole in the passenger side of the block i mean it looks like a dip stick hole , all i can find on the internet is either a crank sensor or oil stick for a rear sump type f truck or bronco ? Other research finds the dipstick in the pan on 302w efi enginese80a7a2e56f1ab831f7ca9bdea9e069a.jpg

It’s a drain hole for the oil return from the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep its a dipstick on bronco but many variations van truck ectecbb5730ee62a179c72ff0a1b88739f7.jpgaed3844b5bb72d96f15444af4b49f9bb.jpg

47 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

i always thought of a front cut of an old shitbox falcon and then put some v8 mounts on it,and everything else is there lol,even key to turn.

just buy another falcon.. can even drive it?

just buy another falcon.. can even drive it?

Like if you had a paddock full of weapons and a gas axe you could cut it down all brackets are there plus battery tray and radiator

I'm making one out of an old zk fairlane that was cut just behind the gear shifter hole so the dash/pedals and everything foreword are there. Also tinkering with an engine cradle/trolley made from an ed falcon k-frame, just welded on some C channel and other scrap steel to mount some casters and looking at adding stub axles for a some full size wheels when moving around the backyard. I've got afew k-frames so hopefully I can put some of the engines/transmissions I've got on them so I can move them around much easier 

i saw a rwd one that the person just joined the diff universal to the chopped tailshaft yoke and made solid control arms straight to the chassis rails diff wasn't even from the same type of car
Sold the 302w going to melbs3f17235be9c6e62407c59615f25ba18d.jpg

Hey I’m looking for some help I have a xe Ghia whit a au3 5.0 converted to carb and have set the timing to 15 degrees. It feels very sluggish taking off. Does anyone know what the timing should be?