CHESTNUTXE

WINDSOR SMALLBLOCK TALK

i wonder if anyone has made an adaptor plate for the auto bell housing to be used with a T5/ single rail etc? (they've done ones for the lexus V8 to suit supra 5 speed)
I loosely put the cover on im just waiting for the bolts and still deciding which manifold to put on it probly a edelbrock performer924e4cf4bbc3766860fe4a77d4b7ab8c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

I re did them with sealer thismorn

So what is the verdict on head bolts? Are they torque to yield or normal?[mention=43]Thom[/mention]?

So what is the verdict on head bolts? Are they torque to yield or normal?[mention=43]Thom[/mention]?
As far as I'm aware the Windsor bolts weren't torque to yield, but I've bought new ones for all of the roller 5.0's I've done, sometimes they've been corroded pretty bad on the bolts that go into the water jacket

As far as I'm aware the Windsor bolts weren't torque to yield, but I've bought new ones for all of the roller 5.0's I've done, sometimes they've been corroded pretty bad on the bolts that go into the water jacket

My understanding was the same, when I asked at auto shops for headbolts I kept getting the response “ use the old ones mate” to which I replied “ you just stick to ordering in the parts and taking my money and I’ll stick to screwing them together”. I ended up buying them from outlaw speed shop in S.A. They turned up the next day, $94. Heaps cheaper than anyone here.

My understanding was the same, when I asked at auto shops for headbolts I kept getting the response “ use the old ones mate” to which I replied “ you just stick to ordering in the parts and taking my money and I’ll stick to screwing them together”. I ended up buying them from outlaw speed shop in S.A. They turned up the next day, $94. Heaps cheaper than anyone here.
My timing cover n bolts came plus i put the sump n gaskets on i love the metal sump girdle6c19e9fa0b2955f1fc5fda6360f592ba.jpg3558b176f02b0811ad40eb094d6b0481.jpgbfca030f11a39c229a8805d61c18d644.jpg

brings back the question is it eeven worth building a std stroke 351w as the 302w roller block is readily available with a stroker kit will bring nearly the same ice cubes:unsure:
351Ws are slightly taller than a clevo block, much taller than a 302W: 9.5" vs 9.2" vs 8.2".

They're about 20kg heavier assembled, and have a massive crank in them, very similar to a 351M.

Basically a truck engine. But anything can make power if you throw the right bits at it

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

351Ws are slightly taller than a clevo block, much taller than a 302W: 9.5" vs 9.2" vs 8.2".

They're about 20kg heavier assembled, and have a massive crank in them, very similar to a 351M.

Basically a truck engine. But anything can make power if you throw the right bits at it

Starting to look vg i put the dipstick back and just need a manifold 93e9f7903d0536c30ea8c21142bc9c09.jpgbac106fc4d90bd207ff8d3a59da85f23.jpg

check this nice engine hook i cleaned and painted,yes the cover is an older style also check the dipstick hole in the cover which i will let the new owner sus out as these engines suit many combos and sumps ect,npWfFT9b_o.jpg

Same as clevo? 13726548

302w is different to 351w firing order as most aftermarket roller cams have the 351w order to stop the confusion

302w is different to 351w firing order as most aftermarket roller cams have the 351w order to stop the confusion

Efi 302 was changed to clevo/351 windsor firing order 13726548