Jkmacxf

XF rear disc calipers

Hey guys just trying to pick the brains of fellow oz falcon enthusiasts as to whether or not the XF falcon rear calipers can be replaced with a later series. IE "E" series as I need to replace on caliper to complete the VIC roady and it is unable to be rebuilt. They are getting harder to find these days.  

i think you'd get an XE /XF , ZK ZL fairlane, FD/FE LTD caliper if looking harder.. 
i think if you found an EA diff, the brakes and axels would bolt on(25 spline) but if you wanted brakes off EB to fit you may need to change wheel bearings for backing plate swap?

i think if i was giving up on XF brakes, i'd just fit an E series diff (EA to ED diff) bit of mucking around, if interested we can explain it but have a search in the forums first for a how to

16 hours ago, Jkmacxf said:

Hi sparky Dave the cylinder is pitted and can’t be honed out without taking too much material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good to hear you have tried, the calipers will also be on 1987 XFs also i am fairly sure all 1987 got rear discs(well, every car i got/wrecked had them..) (i don't have any parts anymore)

11 hours ago, Jkmacxf said:

Being a rear it maybe the handbrake cam as it was seized. And damaged the housing. I am getting second hand info at the minute

The handbrake cam tunnel, can be stainless steel sleeved, if it's badly pitted.
Same as you can do, for brake master cylinders.

Would need to be badly marked if it needs the handbrake cam tunnel sleeved, but like Dave said it can be done. Can u get any pics of the calipers on where the marks are???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk