GRIFF

Backspacing on 15" wheels

Hey all,

I trying to figure out what the perfect backspacing is to fit the guards nicely on an xf

would 15x8.5 with 5" backspace not be enough. My dad to think 15x9 with 5" backspace isnt enough.

I am looking at street pro 2 wheels but they only come in 3.5 and 5 inch backspacing on 15x8.5 wheels

Would 8.5 be too much for the front and should I get 15x7s?

Hey all,
I trying to figure out what the perfect backspacing is to fit the guards nicely on an xf
would 15x8.5 with 5" backspace not be enough. My dad to think 15x9 with 5" backspace isnt enough.
I am looking at street pro 2 wheels but they only come in 3.5 and 5 inch backspacing on 15x8.5 wheels
Would 8.5 be too much for the front and should I get 15x7s?

Doing it legally (ie: keeping within the confines of maximum wheel track variation), you wouldn't be able to use that wheel combo. 3.5" backspace on an 8.5" wheel would stick out a ridiculous amount. You can only vary the wheel track by 26 mm in either direction and in some instances you cannot narrow it at all.

To convert to offset (ET) you halve the width (4.25"), subtract the backspace and then convert that to mm. After all that faffing about, that would be 3/4" or the equivalent of ET -19. Going that far out on both sides would put you 38mm wider in track... Technically illegal.

Best off going with 7" on the front with no more than 3.5" backspace (ET0). This would still sit out further than say a snowflake which is 15x7 ET+10 (sits inwards)

A common Falcon styling fault is a narrow rear track. To fill out the rear guards, you really need to be at least an inch wider than the front for a given offset. I don't think the 8.5s will work, at 5" backspace that will put you right at the inner limits of track width, and the rim will actually sit 1/4" further inwards from the guard compared to the front. The 3.5" might fill things out but as stated, not kosher (stick out too far).

What are the available backspaces for the 15/7s?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk