2redrovers

Tapatalk ...can we fix it??

41 posts in this topic

I updated a few days ago to latest tapatalk and still not getting notifications on anything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if it's actually a Forum level Notifications issue.

At the top of threads, there's a 'follow' icon, with a dropdown menue of options.

Among the options, is a 'send me notifications for new posts' button.
I've found that by default, that option is deactivated on any new posts I follow, needing me to manually check the box.

Can you guys with tapatalk issues, suss out the above and report back?

I've just changed a few 'default' notification settings in the forum software settings itself.
Try posting/following something, and see what happens?

Sorry, no different. I did find some of the new threads muted for whatever reason but older ones like the YouTube one were unmuted and not notifying.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

I've just changed a few 'default' notification settings in the forum software settings itself.
Try posting/following something, and see what happens?
Hey Dave today I have been getting notifications when someone likes a post haven't had for a bit but still nothing on if someone comments on a thread

SPArKy_Dave likes this

I think so lol pretty sire that's how I ended up on the xf calipers thread I was commenting on earlier

I've got everything turned on now, didn't know some had been muted by default (that's a bit dopey IMO) but its made no difference as I'm not seeing anything but likes. Nothing else is getting pushed properly it seems.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

So I've had a really good look around the Tapatalk and general settings and can't pinpoint any issues just yet.

I may have to log a support ticket with Tapatalk themselves.  Strange thing is I've updated the plugin from our side yet Tapatalk still thinks its outdated.

I'll keep digging and keep you all updated... Sorry this doesn't want to play ball at all at the moment.

Hey just noticed something ...the last few likes that have come through, I got notified normally, and when I tapped it went to the right post, but there was no "counter" in the bottom corner where you would expect to see it.

Anyone else had this happening?