2redrovers

Tapatalk ...can we fix it??

41 posts in this topic

e5566e61c90b7711be071a23d4e794f6.jpg

Hands up if you're using tapatalk and are having problems with your notifications.

Only get noted when someone "likes" a post of mine, otherwise nothing. No quotes, no replies, no new posts or threads even.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this place and I know a lot went into the revamp of the website a while back. But I pretty much use my phone exclusively for reading and especially posting photos. I've missed things directed towards me in posts lately and its becoming a bit of a bother. If something can be done to fix this it would truly be awesome.

XGOUTBACKROMEO and Ando81 like this

I’m experiencing the same mate. Only ever use my phone and only get notifications of likes, no quotes or comments etc. I am not complaining but it’s just something that had me wondering what had gone wrong. I am useless in regards to fixing anything I.T related so wouldn’t know where to start in trying.

2redrovers likes this

Agreed, if it can't be fixed I'll survive.. not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things but it does put a bit of a dampener on the fun aspect of this great group.

Mines the same on tapatalk only get the likes through so miss all the important things going on, be nice to have it fixed again

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 8/14/2018 at 11:21 AM, Defective said:

Who actually runs this place now?

Same bunch of blokes, as always -

Robbie, Ants, Alec, Cav and Myself

On 8/14/2018 at 11:58 AM, 2redrovers said:

No idea ..heard a rumour it was a band of Siamese midgets with a penchant for basket weaving...

.....hmmm what was in that hot chocolate tonight?

Clearly had the same dream I d... err, hmmm.
:lol:

So... back to Tapatalk.

These notification things, seem to be called 'push' notifications.
They can apparently be affected if you're not subscribed to threads.

One solution can be, to clear tapatalk's cache and data, open the app, login (this step enables it to create a new token in your device) and
then restore (if you need to)

It's also been suggested that certain versions of Tapatalk, have programming bugs.

Can everyone having issues, please respond in this thread with their phone model,
and the Tapatalk version they're running?

Yeah not that simple ... very first thing I did was cleared, refreshed, restarted and fresh installation. No effect or change.

As far as I know the other guys don't use the same version as I do, I use an old stable one (6.4.7)

Sony xperia xz premium

Rob is going to upgrade the actual Tapatalk Forum software add-on.
That's likely the issue.

He said it could take a while though, as it's all computer boffin stuff.
ie, not something I can do.

Hey all - updated the Tapatalk plugin, hopefully the issues resolved!

Let me know if the issue is still there

Hasn't made any difference so far. I know I'm subscribed to bears xb thread and Dave has posted there since I reset, but I got nothing about it.

There is also an issue with the time stamps. A post made now will show up immediately but stamp says it was posted 9hours ago. Then counts up in hours not minutes (12 hours ago was actually 2 mins etc)

XGOUTBACKROMEO likes this

I’m usually the latest version on iPhone 6s. I don’t think I can clear data like you can on android devices. As Rod said, time stamp is out of whack and you get the most recent post but then it misses the last ten or so posts.

I wasn't seeing a change in behaviour so I cleared the cache and the user data before restarting my phone. This time I've simply signed in without changing any settings (ugh so horrible lol) to see if anything makes a difference.

I looked at the notification tab and noticed the usual reports of only "likes" but, scroll down far enough and post reports are in the list for a few days ago. These weren't notified as they happened, just appeared in the list after the fact and they aren't the newest ones.
VB, is that what you were talking about with yours?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

I'll word up Rob again, see if he can fix the clock thingy first.

Cheers Dave, maybe that's the cause of it?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk