Server maintenance Read more... ×
XFtoXE

Exhaust bypas

Hi guys

I recently acquired a AU ute with the 260 boss motor and sounded fantastic but for a RWC I had to put a resonator on to quieten it down. Now you can hardly here it.

So I'm asking has any one used one of these exhaust bypass systems and are they any good?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Inch-Electric-valve-Performance-Exhaust-Cut-out-Bypass-Cat-Back-Remote-Control/152609647014?hash=item23883e69a6%3Ag%3AgngAAOSw4A5Yz0ex&_sacat=0&_nkw=exhaust+bypass+3+inch&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

probably be ok ,would you just bypass the resonator and plumb it back in to the system, that may be a better way..

BGDAV runs a pair of Varex mufflers. the note isn't as tough or loud as the Super44s that were on it(pure bliss) but they still sound good ,and at the flick of a button.. quiet enough that the engine noise is louder..

http://www.xforce.com.au/products/varex-mufflers 

Never fitted a pair, but GMH put them on their SS commy from the factory. Guys at work, say they never turn them onto quiet mode. :D

They seem to like the sound of an LS engine. :blink:

I'm about to embark on my own little project on my V8 wagon, involving an Isuzu exhaust brake switching off one of the dualies and diverting that side through the crossover, creating a single system.

The exhaust brake is vacuum type, so high vacuum (cruise/idle) shuts it off, low vacuum opens it (under power). I will valve it so that it opens quickly but delays shutting for 5 or 10 seconds to prevent it working on every gear change.

Also a bleed-off will manually keep it open all the time when switched. The extra vacuum bleed will give it a sick lumpy cam.

Watch this space...

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk