Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

CLEVELAND ENGINE TALK

Dunno about Barras, but you could have a Bullshark in those backwaters now... It's happened in Brissy before

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Believe it or not just north of the Gold coast seaway around runaway Bay a huge barra was caught this summer it was even on the local news it was huge ,in the lake here there is also Plymouth barracuda

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Hard to believe that there's so much interest in Clevo's in the good ole US of A, that Tim Meyer and such will go to the lengths of making new ones...!!!!  

At the same time, deleting some of the inherent issues from the 1960-70's model.  Bravo fellas.  If I was in the 'States, I know what I'd be saving for right now. 

Hard to believe that there's so much interest in Clevo's in the good ole US of A, that Tim Meyer and such will go to the lengths of making new ones...!!!!  
At the same time, deleting some of the inherent issues from the 1960-70's model.  Bravo fellas.  If I was in the 'States, I know what I'd be saving for right now. 
I would still buy their gear over the "Aussie" (cast in China) Arrow blocks. I do have to wonder though, why anyone would go to the trouble of making a new Clevo block when there are established Dart and World Products (the latter also cast in China) Windsor blocks that have years of proven service, are available in 8.2, 9.2 and 9.5 decks and can go out to 4.155". All you need to do is bolt on a set of Clevo heads and you have the same horsepower potential. Then there's the factory 351M/400 block, which is finally getting the recognition it always deserved and can still be found in junkyards in the US.

im not sure what section to put this in but yesterday i scored a 460 ,its in pieces but heads block manifold is matching,and comes with some other stuff,not sure the vintage but looks like a typical 70s 460 with cast 4 barrel iron manifold,i got it cheap so when it turns up on thursday i will have gerg all over it with working out the codes,this has been my unicorn engine,i have never owned one,will be interesting.

im not sure what section to put this in but yesterday i scored a 460 ,its in pieces but heads block manifold is matching,and comes with some other stuff,not sure the vintage but looks like a typical 70s 460 with cast 4 barrel iron manifold,i got it cheap so when it turns up on thursday i will have gerg all over it with working out the codes,this has been my unicorn engine,i have never owned one,will be interesting.
They are torque monsters, not huge on the horsepower though. The heads aren't much bigger than a 2V Clevo. Very frickin heavy too.

They are torque monsters, not huge on the horsepower though. The heads aren't much bigger than a 2V Clevo. Very frickin heavy too.

So do I put it in cleveland or Windsor section I think it has bits of both engines in its DNA ?f257005caf01d993c408f07063949107.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I'd class them not necessarily as Clevo family, but as cousins. Developed at the same time, has the same canted valve setup, same 1.73 rockers, dizzy, engine mounts, and very similar overall look. I think there's 50kg difference in assembled weight, but you can get that down drastically with ally heads and intake.

Here's a weight chart showing 351C, 427 FE and 429 "Lima", in all iron (first column) and ally head and intake (second column). I initially thought the 429 was heavier than that, by 80kg over the Clevo, but it's only 50, so there you go.

442c5536c0c0595827376f8b93b1b011.jpg

just remember the 429 came out before the 460 only a few years ,then it was binned and 460 was then only available,finding a 429 these days is getting hard but not impossible,most came out of f series trucks here witha few galaxies as well ect,also gerg what do you mean the engine mounts are the same as cleveland ? or do you mean clevo is the same as windsor which they are,but 460 are different,very similar to the 400 .

35 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

just remember the 429 came out before the 460 only a few years ,then it was binned and 460 was then only available,finding a 429 these days is getting hard but not impossible,most came out of f series trucks here witha few galaxies as well ect,also gerg what do you mean the engine mounts are the same as cleveland ? or do you mean clevo is the same as windsor which they are,but 460 are different,very similar to the 400 .

what's better/different? between the 460 and 429?

i remember a workmate about 25yrs ago had a 429 in XD falcon and had twin side draught webers on it to fit it under the bonnet.  i assume it was also worked, he was a bit of a rev head. 

i had heard the 460 was a big heavy lump that was only useful in F100s, but a mate of mine's boss had one in a 4x4 bronco that would spin all 4 wheels on command that i doubt you'd be doing in any 351 without boost.