CHESTNUTXE

HIGH PORT CROSSFLOW HEAD

wow yeah i saw him do a burnout in front of me in the staging lanes and i could hear his engine had balls,he said he had a custom tighe solid cam but he wishes he had gone roller.

Yeah note sure what it weighs rob. He was hoping to get to the scales at Willowbank last night but time beat him. It's all steel including a full 6 point mild steel cage. It carries the same running gear as any other corty so with the cage and associated steel work I reckon it would be at the tonne.  

With an engine tune and a bit more chassis work it will go a 10 on motor alone. It's very early days for this combo. 

14 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Im probly gunna go an auto any ideas on stall size ? 3000 ?

If you contact any of the decent convertor companies around with all your data, car weight, dyno graph showing both torque and hp and answer some questions honestly on application they should be able to build a convertor to suit YOUR engines needs and your person needs. 

Pits a black art, best left to the experts in my opinion. Not the old 'such and such runs a 4500'. 

On 29/07/2018 at 4:01 AM, ando76 said:

Yeah note sure what it weighs rob. He was hoping to get to the scales at Willowbank last night but time beat him. It's all steel including a full 6 point mild steel cage. It carries the same running gear as any other corty so with the cage and associated steel work I reckon it would be at the tonne.  

With an engine tune and a bit more chassis work it will go a 10 on motor alone. It's very early days for this combo. 

2200lbs with the iron head. He sent me his time cards as they were run too. The swap to a EST dizzy fixed his spark issue. Id suggest faulty sensor/pick up on the TFI unit.

150 on it theres a 9 there.

2200lbs with the iron head. He sent me his time cards as they were run too. The swap to a EST dizzy fixed his spark issue. Id suggest faulty sensor/pick up on the TFI unit.
150 on it theres a 9 there.
2200 is pretty light for a Corty. That's pretty much bang-on a tonne, but I remember my TF 6 cyl being something like 1140kg. It was a GL manual, so no fruit either.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, matt_lamb_160 said:

Is this car on the net somewhere?

There is a video of the car running at Willowbank on my business Facebook page,  Tonys Metal and Speed.  

Luke races Pro Stock Motorcyle. He is accomplished racer. I doubt he will be letting on to anyone the actual weight of the car. And good on him. Fact is it's fast and will get faster.  I don't know too many go karts that weigh a tonne. 

16 hours ago, gerg said:

2200 is pretty light for a Corty. That's pretty much bang-on a tonne, but I remember my TF 6 cyl being something like 1140kg. It was a GL manual, so no fruit either.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Its a mk 1 Corty. He has no reason to lie to me but again that doesnt make good internet doe's it. 

And again you cant beat physics. As I said to Luke it is a fast car. But by saying it should be cos its lite all the people who dont race or havent done simalar get pissy.

Sort of like...seeing a Cheetah out run a Rhino and saying how fast the cat is...as it should be. Makes me laugh.Compared to my ute @ 1397 before driver its LITE!

p.s my Ge sigma was 1100 kg. Mates Lj torana was 1030kg on the same weigh bridge. Just saying

Yes but compared to your ute, it doesn't have itb, crank trigger, roller cam, massive cylinder head flow and years of running. 

It does run meth and your fastest run was on race fuel and dumped pipes so I guess that parts apples with apples. 

Now imagine if that lite car had all that how fast it would be.  Kinda like cheetah and ryno in a way. 

Now come on - that's funny. 

It is a light, and why would you care? It should be light. It is a race car. Obviously, it helps it be fast. It is still fast.

Do people get pissy with racers calling their car a full weight street car when they are running race full and the car is clearly not roadworthy (legally)?

Oh no, here comes the 'what is a true street car' arguement. Oh no.  

Fact is Glen's, Ken's and Jason's cars aren't / weren't registered street cars. They are however fast. These days with the hoon laws and driving an illegally modified car on the street(one without all relevant mod plates and engineering certification) is fraught with danger. Especially in Qld.  

I've been jumping through some big hoops with the engineering on my corty, but at the end of the day it will carry all the necessary mod plates and certificates to make it road legal. It's not a cheap excercise but it's worth it in the long run. But it will still be a light car, cause in my racing experience a light car with weight innthe right areas is a fast car. 

Chestnut old son - do what you want with your car. And if you want to develop a high port head - go for it.  I was just highlighting that it's not necessary.  

yeah ando after second thoughts a pro ported head is a much better idea but who or does anyone have a program to cnc a crossy head ? to full on race spec ?

11 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

yeah ando after second thoughts a pro ported head is a much better idea but who or does anyone have a program to cnc a crossy head ? to full on race spec ?

My head from years ago was a CNC ported one, no idea how much or what(was pocket ported at min behind the valve) that was done at North Geelong Engine reconditioners.
they had maps for L34 Holden head porting etc also

Yeah mate. JB in Ayr does CNC as do AED, I think that's who did FORD MAN's.  There are obviously several other hand porters also doing them of which Cam, who does my stuff and did Luke's head is one.  The flow results I post in the porting thread are the results of Cams work, flowed on an independent flow bench.  

Sean (clevo 120y) was doing them, but I believe he sold his bench.  Rob is using LHT race engines as noted in his thread. Jason Murphy in Toowoomba has also played with them with some success. At the end of the day there are a few choices mate. Obviously none of them are going to be cheap.  But cheap and fast very rarely go together.  

12 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

i didnt take any pics of inside my ports but these are the only pics i can find.

i also didn't take any of the ports.. would have been more noticable with the valves removed though, but mine had the chamber re shaped
pqsDI9n.jpg