Server maintenance Read more... ×
X-F250

NC Fairlane Fuel Pump Removal

Hey guys,

Got some updates on the old NC on the way, but at the moment it's immobile thanks to a dead fuel pump. I've got all the connectors and fuel lines unhooked, what's holding me up is the locking ring. I've tried belting it with a screwdriver and hammer, I've tried to use the old 2 screwdrivers and a prybar as a lever trick. Hasn't moved a mm. A lot of the little tabs are bent or damaged (looks like someone has tried to use a pair of pliers or something to try to undo it previously). 

Do you guys have any tips? I'm at my wits end with it and I'm tired of driving my broter's EA.

You can buy a special tool like this one
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F201694691800
Make sure the threads are clean. In my experience dirt settles in around it with water and sets like stone. Scrap around the outside of the ring so it’s really clean and blow it out with compressed air

I think I used a giant fuck-off pair of multi grips last time I did an EF. But this one sounds frozen solid. Maybe just to get it apart, you might have to split the locking ringa open to release it and source another to get it back together.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

There is a large clamp, holding that locking ring on.
Often, the clamp gets hidden by dust/dirt buildup, in the lock ring recess.

Make sure you undo the clamp first.

Your right, I forgot all about that bloody clamp! It’s like a giant hose clamp.