Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

XF 85 GHIA EFI CROSSY REBUILD

Pics

By the end of the day it looks heaps better but i will take it down to the machine shop and get ol m8 to check it over also fit new valve stem rubber things
ef75f5d16a3b9a3b664445bbcff1eb12.jpgd51a11a11cf82a16154f5c8835842f9d.jpg0db5810e0fa76a85b3de7f0c3122a9a8.jpg8a1d83c1f641b8149d8e251107c6c346.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Come up well. What brand of degreaser you use?
Looks like there is corrosion in the back water jacket, so you going to get it skimmed or is it just photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUST mild kero based ones cause its alloy,but i wire brush it with the hose dribbling for hours and get it all off chambers as well as intake and exhause runners.
How am i gunna get whats left of a spark plug out of the thread ? I drilled most of it ,what about heating it up with a blow torch to expand it ? Then somehow unscrew it ? If i take it to the machine shop he will charge me at least $100 to fixb6f98933b00f53c6c8799738de80a583.jpg

Lol. Thats a doozy.
Soak in wd40 for a day.....
Then clean it up and try and 'sleeve' a piece of bar in there. ...one that just fits... not hammer it in... will kill threads..
Then put a layer of arildite on it ... feed it in... let set.
Next day put multi grips on bar and hopefully twists out....

But thats a doozy... you snap that or pre snapped for you? Lol

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Hehe.... sucks doesnt it.
I've done it too mate.
Seen as you got the head off you can at least get to it.
If it was soft enough.. and you had enough sticking out... could try hitting the edge till it folds in on itself... but you cant lever against a soft alloy head like you can on a cast one.
That method is messy and if you miss hit.... not good.... but I have done it on a clevo in desperation.

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

How am i gunna get whats left of a spark plug out of the thread ? I drilled most of it ,what about heating it up with a blow torch to expand it ? Then somehow unscrew it ? If i take it to the machine shop he will charge me at least $100 to fixb6f98933b00f53c6c8799738de80a583.jpg

You need some of these,
3982b7c3c502e342eb0211133739594a.jpg
The square one is my favourite for snapped spark plugs.
Don’t heat it up, alloy doesn’t change colour with heat it’ll just melt and you’ll fuck the head. Buy some of that loctite spray on freezing stuff.

Yeah ive got the frezzing stuff im trying to wedge this engine mont bolt but no luck yet

You need some of these,
3982b7c3c502e342eb0211133739594a.jpg
The square one is my favourite for snapped spark plugs.
Don’t heat it up, alloy doesn’t change colour with heat it’ll just melt and you’ll fuck the head. Buy some of that loctite spray on freezing stuff.
6c901592f1861a1ad190fbd6d7209d66.jpg

Yep im over it im taking it too get drilled and helicoiled

Go buy some decent ezy-outs, you’ll get a few for the cost of some one else removing it. If you do get it moving work it like your cutting a new thread- 1 full turn, back half and so on. Keep soaking it in wd40 as you go.
Good tools maketh the man!

i'd probably stick the head out in the QLD sun for an hour.. then cold spray the inside of what's left of the spark plug until it's COLD.. that SHOULD break it's bond.. 
while it's cold, soak into the threads, it should have a bees dick of space for CRC etc to get in.. 

if i was a tight ass(oh, i am..) i'd grind the edges of a bolt square and tapered a bit(copy of the easy out above) if it's a loose fit maybe a bit of coke can on one corner? 
see if it will come out.

that said, you've done most of the work already.. the head dude that's going to change valve stem seals and lap the valves will probably pull that thread out in a few mins from there.

i bought myself a decent valve spring commpressor tool as well,i will fit the stem seals and clean the valves more as well,parts should come today to continue on with the bottom end.
Conrod bearings just camecad87aac8d74cf2b18f530c2cb0443bd.jpge2199e959ba1c9fbc573aafce9a7b05b.jpg