xebruce

XH XR6 misfire?

Got a 1998 XH XR6 and it had the common misfire when idling. Replaced the coil,leads and distributor cap. didn't fix it so replaced intake gasket and that fixed the problem.

BUT now the revs will just randomly drop down and its died coming up to lights a couple of times. Misfire has gone but now the idle seems screwed up.

Any ideas?

Thanks Bruce 

Is your aircon working? I have had a problem like this. Ended up being high- low idle circuit blown in ecu.

If it is... $50 secondhand ecu.... After you check aircon... You need a code reader.... Will save you heaps of time.

Is your aircon working? I have had a problem like this. Ended up being high- low idle circuit blown in ecu.
If it is... $50 secondhand ecu.... After you check aircon... You need a code reader.... Will save you heaps of time.

Unhooked the battery before I did anything so shouldn’t have blown anything I wouldn’t have thought but who knows will check the air con Monday. Left it at work with the battery unhooked for the weekend. Auto sparky thought it might be the computer because it’s been so use to running like crap the last 6 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either the idle speed motor isn’t plugged in properly and working or you have a vacuum leak. Perhaps a loose vacuum hose for the heater controls?

Thought that too about vacuum hoses. Triple checked them all. And the idle speed motor would be what? Lol

Thought that too about vacuum hoses. Triple checked them all. And the idle speed motor would be what? Lol

It’s on top of your throttle body held down by 10mm bolts.
From what you were saying this is a new fault since changing the inlet manifold, I highly doubt it’s a computer problem if you disconnected the battery. UNLESS you have a prexisting fault such as a leaking capacitor so the computer wasn’t able to hold a memory when you disconnected the battery. Honestly it sounds like someone yanked on the manifold too hard to get access to the gasket and pulled apart the wiring harness internally.

It’s on top of your throttle body held down by 10mm bolts.
From what you were saying this is a new fault since changing the inlet manifold, I highly doubt it’s a computer problem if you disconnected the battery. UNLESS you have a prexisting fault such as a leaking capacitor so the computer wasn’t able to hold a memory when you disconnected the battery. Honestly it sounds like someone yanked on the manifold too hard to get access to the gasket and pulled apart the wiring harness internally.

Unplugged the wiring harness to get more access and was pretty careful with it.