Ricky Neinei King

'73 XA Falcon w/ Boss 260 conversion

55 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot guys! Patience was definitely the key to making the tower notches pretty. 

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

The gussets ended up like so. They are WAY overkill and perhaps entirely unnecessary, but I held no qualms spending a few extra hours shoring up the front towers to oblivion. I've left plenty of room around the spring to account for any growth or flexing, of course.

The spring puts upward pressure on the top of the tower, obviously, and the bottom of the spring effectively puts downwards pressure on the two holes where the studs of the top arm feed through the bottom of the tower. With the two points constantly being pulled apart, especially during hard driving, the gussets have tied together my two new plates and the rest of the tower, meaning no amount of abuse over the years will ever fatigue my welds.

Now my tools are all home where the motor still sits, onto the headers and sump. Watch this space!

That's bloody not going anywhere... And falcons are a bit flexy in that area, hence the "Monte Carlo" bars on the early race Falcons & Mustangs.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Ricky Neinei King likes this

For fuck sakes... Looks like I'll be painstakingly transferring all of my photos and links from Photobucket to something that doesn't plaster their watermark all over my shit, NNNGGG 

Dad has spent the last couple of weeks over your guys side of the ditch, visiting family. I believe he's back tomorrow, updates should start up again shortly :P

deankdx likes this

i have used imgur.com for ages now.. no issue really.. if you use the mobile to upload, then the tapatalk app is the bees knees apparently(i haven't used it)