Outback Jack

To NOS or not to NOS.... that is the question...

This is how the purge hooks up..... and basically how I will set it up...
To purge the air and gaseous n2o out of the line before the nitrous solenoid... meaning the only air in the line is from the nos solenoid to motor. .......
It can also be used to vent nos and look cool like a ricer... but its actually to make the hit of nos stronger and faster.

My rough mock up....bfd096972fa6aa3ac73c66bacd475124.jpg10c6f41c7bfcbd7b46309e7b2833da92.jpg

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Lol. Trust me... Said in haste.. I just drive it on the highway 🛣  and its all forgotten and forgiven. 

I love the Outback... But when the fuel system goes bonkers..... Grrrrrr.....

XG rage.... Oh well... Good excuse to upgrade....

I was looking at external Bosch 044, no pumps in tanks and two 3"  x 8"  Hydramat fuel pick ups ( magnetically attached) on the bottoms of the tanks, attached to hoses to where the fuel pumps used to attach...using the standard switching system.. Unless that becomes a problem... Then I'll replace that.... Hehe....hehe....

Out back fuel system make Jack go something... something.....

Ok... After having a good think about the fuel system.

Most of my problems are pick up related... And the in tank pumps me.

I can correct the electrical stuff up front but down back is in for a change. ....

So now here's new fuel system.....

2 x Aeroflow pumps in billet holder.

2 x 3" x 8" Hydramats + magnets.

1m submersible Efi fuel line.

2 x Non return valves.

Going to jack into the fuel pump wiring with external pumps and run them under the tank cover. Leaves it reversable and went two pumps because on a positive lift fuel tank switching system its easier than one. 

Going to cost me but it's about time I stopped just replacing pumps because they suck air all the time.... Time to get serious.

Die   die . Die . Fuel gremlins!

NOS system scored a heater.....

Not bloody cheap..... but its no average heater...

Its a pressure regulated heater...

Not a thermostat blanket.

Keeps nos at 950-1050 psi....

Makes for a better use of nos and cleaner burn......

7b2daff68388feec597076c2a4c93e97.jpg

I think I also need a NOS filter for before solenoid and a wideband afr + guage...... geebus.....

The more reading I do.... the more it costs me. Tapped now.... have to wait. Information is not power.... its expensive..... hehe.

Jack.

Does anyone know if aeroflow will do a fitting that pushes onto an in tank hard line and goes to a 5/16 hose barb? 

Because I think I ordered submersible hose and fittings for it in 5/16 instead of the smaller hardline size..... Grrrrr... Lil help?  Please! 

Don't know much about these fandangled fittings.... Cheers.

Jack.

Thanks for ya help fellas....

So will find a 5/16 hose barb to hose barb....unknown size.... grrrrrr.

Got some NOS parts delivered today....and rocket ind. Gave me some books.....

9edf5fb6d4455bc57669543fd51634de.jpg53eace303b3382ece9f0856b05cb3c80.jpg191b2b4fb92117c77a5945a22dc1c0c9.jpgcc44b008ebb01657e92346ad90aeb763.jpgd89664ff129fa95fc3d8f796e296c094.jpg87cc20fdd693f78d4ce3b61609cbbc20.jpg

Yes he has..... mwahahaha!!!!!!!!!
There are still heaps of 'bits' to come to do everything. ... and I made a few mistakes.... ordered a couple wrong bits.... I was brain dead after all the searching for bits.

The RPM window switched yellow wire is going to be my manually switched wire for my nos safety circuit, when turned on the switched wire can give a ground to fuel and nos solenoids making them active between my set rpm 3000-5500rpm.
Then the yellow grounding wire will go through a pressure switch for the fuel rail and the wot micro switch, so its all chained.
All conditions are met or no nos....
No nos bad.....
Fuel pressure should be ok now with new punps coming. .... lets hope...