GoofyBuddah

ConfusedfrankenXG

Hello there (general Kenobi) any one know the measure ments of the radiator mounting pins for an Au falcon.

My XG ute has been Frankensteined by previous owner. And cut away the xg radiator mounting points. And welded in what i think is an AU lower bracket. And i dont have the inclination or time or engineering skill to return it to stock.

Can anyone help me please41f18a54d0d5f2366f26a84a67ebecde.jpg2a72b5d02789c795bd00bb3fe0bcddf9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The stock XG mounts are still hiding underneath I can see.
I'm sure they did it, because proper XG radiators are about $400, and AU ones cost half that.
The top mounts have been completely cut out. Which is why i gotta use an AU radiator. I don't know why it was done.

the top XG mounts bolt on/in . got a photo of whats been cut?  you'd need to chop an awful lot out to make it gone i'd think

Excuse the dodgy workmanship but i had to make do with what i had at hand.6fd2ba08519fe175b51d3c5d12b8f001.jpg4ffad1c84e0c5aa9ed7c4df55b02bffa.jpg

the top left is missing it's bolt in mount, that side is easy. that's for an XG radiator.. for AU, no idea sorry... i remember test fitting one 15yrs ago approx and it was easier to get a new correct XG one for some reason

the top right(drivers side) i'd just make a plate and put a bolt through whats there and another through the radiator
TGSOFXy.jpg

the top left is missing it's bolt in mount, that side is easy. that's for an XG radiator.. for AU, no idea sorry... i remember test fitting one 15yrs ago approx and it was easier to get a new correct XG one for some reason

the top right(drivers side) i'd just make a plate and put a bolt through whats there and another through the radiator
TGSOFXy.jpg
Thanks. Yeah i paid through the nose for the xg radiator. I have the top support bolts... are there supposed to be rubber bushes for these?d313bccaea46486005bc76c678e603d7.jpg

Thanks. Yeah i paid through the nose for the xg radiator. I have the top support bolts... are there supposed to be rubber bushes for these?d313bccaea46486005bc76c678e603d7.jpg

Oh and theres no bolts for them iether

there is a rubber grommet that goes in the radiator, just so it has a little give for vibration. then the bolt goes through that into the brackets.

there are nut and bolt shops that could give you nuts for those ford bolts easily if you were making your own mounting plate

I don't have access to an XG, @SPArKy_Dave @Outback Jack @hendrixhc may be able to take a photo of the top mounts for you maybe.. 

from experience, i'd say any exhaust shop could make up a suitable mount in about a slab of beer  time.... but in Tassie, not sure what's there @Mr Polson might be able to give some guidance depending where you are.

if it was here, i'd have it mounted using push bike parts i found on hard rubbish with a bit of fuel hose for a grommet.. 
but then, for $50 odd you could probably buy the parts missing from a wrecker and have an exhaust shop weld in a patch for the drivers side hacked out section(exhuast shops are more likely to do small jobs compared to a panel shop for eg)

there is a rubber grommet that goes in the radiator, just so it has a little give for vibration. then the bolt goes through that into the brackets.
there are nut and bolt shops that could give you nuts for those ford bolts easily if you were making your own mounting plate

I don't have access to an XG, [mention=27]SPArKy_Dave[/mention] [mention=1138]Outback Jack[/mention] [mention=34]hendrixhc[/mention] may be able to take a photo of the top mounts for you maybe.. 
from experience, i'd say any exhaust shop could make up a suitable mount in about a slab of beer  time.... but in Tassie, not sure what's there [mention=21]Mr Polson[/mention] might be able to give some guidance depending where you are.

if it was here, i'd have it mounted using push bike parts i found on hard rubbish with a bit of fuel hose for a grommet.. 
but then, for $50 odd you could probably buy the parts missing from a wrecker and have an exhaust shop weld in a patch for the drivers side hacked out section(exhuast shops are more likely to do small jobs compared to a panel shop for eg)
Cheers for the assist. Hunting around now for what i need. I'll i pester the local mechanic to see if he's got some spare bolts.

Here, this may help.
1215b46f5a0596c4503fa0b23271191e.jpg
Mine also had the wrong radiator and hoses when I bought it too so ignore those but it does show the brackets and placement.
Sweet cheers mate. That helps a bundle. Now i know what they look like. Could i trouble ya for the dimensions. So i can get the bracket made up please

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn’t find your thread for a while!
Passenger side
bdc327e58b6c25730582b7b4148afb18.jpg
ccfb53a115ca2178de4c7b2b0bf67a10.jpg
Drivers side
bdbf9e8b5d39cf812ff2ae77467e8411.jpg
Honestly though, I’d keep the au radiator if it fits. Mine had some weird bogandore radiator that didn’t have the right side inlet and outlets.

Sorry for the late reply, I couldn’t find your thread for a while!
Passenger side
bdc327e58b6c25730582b7b4148afb18.jpg
ccfb53a115ca2178de4c7b2b0bf67a10.jpg
Drivers side
bdbf9e8b5d39cf812ff2ae77467e8411.jpg
Honestly though, I’d keep the au radiator if it fits. Mine had some weird bogandore radiator that didn’t have the right side inlet and outlets.
Thanks bud it helps loads. The au radiator was wiped out by roo. And without checking got one for xg. So ill have the plates.built in the next few weeks.

Thanks bud it helps loads. The au radiator was wiped out by roo. And without checking got one for xg. So ill have the plates.built in the next few weeks.

No worries. I searched everywhere, I couldn’t find the spare brackets I had.