Server maintenance Read more... ×

With my o2 sensor in closed loop my cruise driveabilty is poor. The ecu is constantly altering the a/f and varies quite abit depending on temps. I also have low comp and mildish na camshaft which doesnt help. 

Before my current setup i changed from a redline 4bbl manifold to aussiespeed and they are definitely a better manifold. I agree that its the way to go but it can be made to work for now.

On 30/05/2018 at 0:27 PM, gerg said:

You running a return line/reg or a dead-end system? I don't really like the latter because the pump is always cycling on/off. I reckon it would burn out pretty quickly doing that.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

It’s a Return line system.. same as normal EFI..the return line runs back to the tank. It runs a reg inside the Carb so no reg required to run it NA.

there is many instal vids on YouTube, as I do each part will link a video on that subject.

On 31/05/2018 at 9:36 AM, gerg said:

I think he means the filler tube, which I can't see a problem with. The breather should come off a tree of lines that screw into the top of the tank via a small manifold, off to the charcoal canister.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Exactly, the big filler hose gets a simple plumb into it ,and the return squirts in there.

(nothing to do with the tank venting /charcoal system)

the complex part for me atm is working out what air cleaner system to run, and how I’d like this motor to look, I like the idea of a blow thru style carb hat connected to a k&N pod or cold air box, but a nice air filter looks good too...and to be making sure I’ve got the right dizzy and Holley connector with plugs and leads to run programable ingnition.. it’s recomended to just do the 4 wire hook up first.. so a lot of guys don’t run the ignition side of Sniper EFi I noticed..( if not controlling timing, that’s a simple 4 wire hook up)

and whats up with everybody bagging REDLINE??! This is a good little Aussie company success story.. who has supported the crossflow motor and others, and I’m happy to have there products on my old car..changing to any manifold is not going to net much on a street motor, the efi should atomise better than a  40yo old carb.

.https://www.redlineauto.com.au/t-about.aspx

I wont bag on redline... noone else makes ironhead stuff lol

Would love a 2bbl sniper setup but saving for jenveys, might be a wedding present to myself lol

Been driving this thing yet?

On 31/05/2018 at 6:24 AM, ando76 said:

What ignition inputs does it need. Cylinder position and a home like most - and what type of signal (magnetic - magnetic, hall - magnetic or Hall - hall). Cylinder poisition is easy enough using Hall.  home could be a little difficult.  

Clarko and I have just finished the crossflow specific crank trigger kits. Uses msd magnets and sensors. 

I’m trying to figure all that atm.. 

which dissy to run.  

(Side note: yes I’m aware of a std Barra that recently run 350hp with just a carb and cams here in QLD ..but im no drag racer, it’s intresting to see what may be out there for the future.)

Back on topic:                                 for ignition control , it’s  going to have to come latter.

here’s the video of the Holley tech rep showing Phasing and dwell.. atm I’m scratching my head TBH as to what Distributor to run.. EST , TFI.

I’m checking on Holley Sniper forums and seeing what USA Ford guys are doing, I will probably contact Holley directly and put it to them.

In years to come people  can look at this...hindsight makes a expert.

Still playing with other aspects of the car before installing.

in this video theres Some intresting aspects, it’s a Blo Thru Turbo 6cyl..video shows some set up  including the return line dumping into the filler hose.