Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

SINGLE RAIL QUICK SHIFT

Hey on e bay atm there is a guy doing quick shifts for borgy single rails he has changed the location of moving parts i dont have a link but you can look on e bay 

once i fixed the wornout parts in My single rail decades ago.. it was like a shift kit lol.. 

i didn't see it needing a shift kit. it might be kinda cool though, and could be the only opportunity you get to do it(who knows how many he has or how long you'll have a 4 speed?)

i rebuilt mine with all new parts as well,saddle,alloy nut n ball,ect ect,and i admit its the best single rail i have ever shifted your probly right dean .

14 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

i rebuilt mine with all new parts as well,saddle,alloy nut n ball,ect ect,and i admit its the best single rail i have ever shifted your probly right dean .

mine had the worn out  selector shaft turned down and bronze bushes inside the shifter housing made oversize to suit. it was probably better than new.. 

Hey boys, I recently purchased this single rail shifter mod.

Fairy quick install, I didn’t have to cut my shifter as it had previously been cut and welded when I fitted an alloy nut replacement when putting it all together years ago.

The main change is that it shifts the nylon bush further up the stick inside a new alloy nut, by about 15mm.

It has reduced the throw by at least half, it is now very precise for a single rail.

Mine was all rebuilt and was ok for a rail...but now it’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk