Server maintenance Read more... ×
gavinmcmillan

XD speakers and radio

They are a straight 4" round speaker. There is an insert that goes in there to allow the round speaker to mount directly in.

The ones i used were from a set of Hertz 3 wy speakers that have a square frame around the speaker.

They are a straight 4" round speaker. There is an insert that goes in there to allow the round speaker to mount directly in.
The ones i used were from a set of Hertz 3 wy speakers that have a square frame around the speaker.

Ah righto - can you buy the inserts after market? I’ve done some web searching but maybe I’m getting the term wrong. Also could I get an insert for 4”x6” or is it just the 4” is only option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best bet is to go to a wreckers and look in the dash of an xf xg and you should find some. Youll need the little mounting clips to hold them in.

Dont recon you will get anything but the 4" in there.

I put some 6" split speakers in my doors and the tweeters in the dash in the factory spot in the ute.

best bet is to go to a wreckers and look in the dash of an xf xg and you should find some. Youll need the little mounting clips to hold them in.
Dont recon you will get anything but the 4" in there.
I put some 6" split speakers in my doors and the tweeters in the dash in the factory spot in the ute.

Legend thanks for the heads up!

XDs and XEs didn't have the insert XFs XG XH had in there(for the 4" round speaker)
pretty sure i've seen the 4x6? whatever fits in one's i've had 20yrs ago...all sounded crap anyway..

has anyone butchered the door trims yet? if so, just get some good 6" for the doors(i can't chop holes in door trims anymore.. too hard to find.. or get some butchered ones and save the originals..)

XDs and XEs didn't have the insert XFs XG XH had in there(for the 4" round speaker)
pretty sure i've seen the 4x6? whatever fits in one's i've had 20yrs ago...all sounded crap anyway..

has anyone butchered the door trims yet? if so, just get some good 6" for the doors(i can't chop holes in door trims anymore.. too hard to find.. or get some butchered ones and save the originals..)

That’s the thing the door trims are perfect and I don’t want to butcher them either. I’ll hunt around for some inserts or door trims.