car10001

fairmont electrics conversion

hi

hope to buy another good ed this year sometime and if you can only find a mid level that has abs and cruise control is the wiring in the main body harness there for power windows.

if the ed or eb2 has cruise control and abs does only the door wiring need swapping for power window conversion, and can that particular car have one or the other or does it have to have both cruise control and abs.

with climate control conversion and the fairmont bcm if you fit them to a mid level with cruise control and abs does the engine bay have the wires for the fairmont stuff and you only plug the dash harness and sensors in is that right

thanks

I'd say yes to alot of it...

Case in point -
I noticed that my XH Panelvan, has the coolant level sensor plug, taped back on the loom, under the header tank.
This suggests that other mid-level (fairmont is mid-level) connections may be present, within the low-level engine bay wiring looms.

I'd say yes to alot of it...
Case in point -
I noticed that my XH Panelvan, has the coolant level sensor plug, taped back on the loom, under the header tank.
This suggests that other mid-level (fairmont is mid-level) connections may be present, within the low-level engine bay wiring looms.

Xh was different to other Fords. There are 4 harnesses in total. 2x6 cylinder, 2x8 cylinder. You either had everything or nothing. If you optioned abs you also got cruise control
and airbag.

3 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

My other XH Panelvan (Nov 98), is optioned with cruise control all by itself,
so there must've been exceptions to that cruise/abs/airbag rule?

I'd agree, my XH (Dec 97) has ABS, cruise control as an installed dealer option, and (even though the steering wheel is big enough to accommodate it) no airbags.